Pregnant after 35

tips for savings on gear???

ok so we were going to buy the crib this pay period but DHs jeep got nails in the tires and we had to get the new tires for it (over $1k!!!) so we will probably put it off another couple weeks.

But here's my question, they carry it at both target and BRU and I wold love to get some % off. Any suggestions? hmmm I wonder if either offer a military discount, I will look into that.

I know BRU has that trade in sale going and I cold get something cheap off of craigslist but the crib is only available online not in stores so that wont really work.

Re: tips for savings on gear???

• BRU usually has 20% off coupons (in a pack with other misc. coupons) that they give out when you buy something at the store. Go get a gift card, get the coupon and then use both online to order the crib.

Also, get on their mailing list so you receive the in-mail and email coupons and watch for the 20% that way as well. Combine it with your completion coupon for 30% off too. Just set your due date to something like 6-8 weeks before so you can get the 10% completion before it gets too close.

I am a Wonder-Mom!
    DD#1 - January 2008
    DD#2 - September 2010
  • If you open a credit card with Babiesrus, they give you a discount that day too.  We did that and then cancelled our card.  This was on top of a coupon discount that we had received in the mail.
  • Loading the player...
  • Great tips! I didn't even know about the completion coupon. 20% would be perfect. That would knock like $100 off the crib. Now all I have to do is sell off the guest room furnatur. In there currently
  • Ugh - bad timing for nails in the tires! 

I researched like crazy prior to deciding to buy new vs. getting a used crib off of Craig's list.  The new ban on drop side cribs really helped me to make my decision to buy new. 

I managed to find a cute set (changing table, crib and dresser) all are brand new for $250 at walmart.com  BSF piece sleigh 4 in 1 crib, changing table and dresser in cherry (color is actually closer to espresso).  Best of all item qualifies for FREE SHIPPING!!!!

It took my hubby and grandpa a while to get everything assembled but I am 100% satisfied with the purchase.

I also got a really cute 12 piece bedding set on e-bay for $60 bucks brand new.  Included EVERYTHING you need + decorative accessories.

Hope that this helps!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"