D.C. Area Babies

Lansinoh BM freezer bags - WTH

I used Lansinoh BM freezer bags with no problem for DD#1 and now am doing the same for DD#2.  The last 2 weeks when I go to thaw them on Sunday night for Monday's bottles, I come back 20 minutes after taking them out of the freezer and they have leaked my precisou BM all over the counter.  Last night, I checked on them after 10 minutes and no leaks, so I went to fold laundry, etc. and when I got back, there was about 5 oz. of milk on the counter.  Has anyone had this issue before?  They don't leak when I freeze the milk, so I don't know what is going on.  maybe I need to thaw under water more quickly so as not to give a chance to leak, but I don't want the BM to heat up at all, since it won't be used until the next day.  Maybe I need to thaw them standing up? 

Re: Lansinoh BM freezer bags - WTH

• I never used Lansinoh.

Could you put them in cups to thaw, that way if they leak, you can just pour the milk into the bottle.

• Hmm. I've only used Lansinoh and never had a leak (knock on wood!). How are you storing them in the freezer? Until you figure out why they're leaking, I would do what pp mentioned and thaw in a mug or something.
    The DC Nest. Winers welcome.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • This totally happened to me!  I used them with DD #1, no problems, then suddenly with DD #2 I had a ton of leaks.  I contacted the company and they sent me free ones - that leaked!  They had very nice customer service people, but they had no good explanation.  The only thing I could think of is that between DD #1 and DD #2 we bought a stand alone freezer, and I thought maybe the fact that the milk was getting more "deep freeze" frozen, maybe the bags couldn't take it, or maybe the milk expanded and contracted differently - or some other "scientific" explanation.

Wife, Musician, Fed, WW-er, and Mom of three little kids - not necessarily in that order.
  • I thaw inside a ziploc, just in case.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • mine too leaked and I too contacted them and they sent me new ones. You can freeze inside two bags or put less milk into each one. And defrost in a bowl or a glass

so sorry, I know how horrible it is :(

• I've had the same problem within the past few weeks and suggested to my mom to unthaw in a bowl or another ziploc bag. 
    image Uploaded with ImageShack.us Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I've been having the same problem randomly.  So irritating!  I think it's something in the thawing.  I do put the bags in a tupperware container when they're thawing but I usually dump whatever leaks.
    imageimage

TTC #1 Cycle 14 - IUI#1=BFN, IUI#2=BFP | TTC #2 Cycle 8=BFP!! imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"