Attachment Parenting
Options

Food Sensativity in Older Babies

S has been getting an allergy like rash around her mouth and eye for the last week or so.

We have not introduced anything new in her diet. 

We have started giving her 3-4 bottles of formula a week as she is in daycare twice a week now and pumping doesnt produce enough (so bummed about this!).  She has had the occiasional bottle of formula in the past without issues.

My gut tells me it is the formula but even switching brands/types has not worked.

Anyone have a similar issue?  Could it be something age wise I am missing?  

I have thought of slowly introducing milk (goat or cows) a bit sooner.  She does fine eating milk products.  If the formula is causing this reaction but milk doesnt I may slowly start switching over for daycare at 11 months.

We see the pedi next week but wanted to ping you ladies as well!

Re: Food Sensativity in Older Babies

• Options

It **COULD** be a million things but I will share my experience with you.  We had redness around the mouth when giving formula too.  My old Pedi said it was no big deal and to switch from Enfamil to Good Start because Good Start breaks down the proteins more to make them more easily digestable. 

Since she only got formula once in a great while we did this and it seemed to help but she also has always been a picky eater too.  When we switched Pedi's at 8 months she did a blood test because she was a picky eater and low in weight percentiles.  She showed no other outward signs. 

If you are even thinking it **might** be a dairy allergy contact your Pediatrician for an earlier appointment.  With allergies, each repeated contact can make a worse breakout/reaction.  It is not something to take lightly.  I hope that you get it figured out soon :)

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    What kind of formula are you using? Some ready to feed (& other powdered brands) have corn products. Corn, soy, & milk proteins are what would come to my mind.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"