Attachment Parenting
Options

Getting clothes to fit over CDs

So we just started CDing and I am having a hard time getting pants or onesies to fit around the cd. Does anyone else have this prob? Any suggestions? My baby isn't particularly big, 13 1/2 Ibs and normal amount of baby chunk btw.

Re: Getting clothes to fit over CDs

• Options

We've never really had that problem but I know it's a common complaint.  I have a mix of CDs so I try and pair the CDs to the outfit but I also only put DD in knit clothing which has more stretch.  With pjs we've had to size up and with shorts we've had to do the same.  But onesies have been ok.   There are onesie extenders available from One Step Ahead - that might help.  I also find Carters, Old Navy, and Gap onesies fit best over the CDs.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    DD wears mostly Carter's clothes. She's always up a pants size compared to her shirts/onesies. Which is kind of a bummer, because then her pants are too long. We end up having pants that are for daycare where she has to wear sposies, and then everything else can be worn with CDs. (If we use her sposie pants with CDs, they get stretched out and then won't stay up when she's in a sposie).
    S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've always had to size up a size in pants, and for jeans, we only get ones that either have a snap and zip waist or have a snapping crotch.  My guilty pleasure this summer has been being able to keep DD in sundresses, because it makes diaper changes SO much easier!  Big Smile
  • Options
    Yup, we sized up.  We roll DD's jeans if they're too long.  Girls are a lot easier because you don't have to worry about it in dresses.  You could always resort to dressing him in onesies w/babylegs instead of pants until it gets too cold.
    imageimage

TTC #1 Cycle 14 - IUI#1=BFN, IUI#2=BFP | TTC #2 Cycle 8=BFP!! imageimage

• Options

We put DD in a size larger when she is wearing cloth.  I have also found a really cute pattern to make her pants that accommodate the cloth diaper and then I hem them at the appropriate length. 

However like PP said it is easy for us to just put her in a dress.

Charlotte 12.3.09
    Madeline 6.24.11
    Eleanor 9.30.13
  • Options
    I use BG 3.0 and he wears a size larger than what he would wear in sposies.
  • Options

Thanks everyone! I am going to try the onesie extenders and perhaps putting DS in dresses, haha ;)

I just bought some new pants for DS, hope they end up fitting. This seems to be the only downside of CDing for us so far.  Wish I was a little more handy with sewing as I would just hem everything. Oh well, we will figure it out!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"