Parenting after 35
Options

question regarding your post baby bodies

How long did it take for your tummy to go back to normal.  I'm 5 months PP and still have a tummy and its driving me crazy because nothing fits right.  It just doesnt make sense going up a size when I lost all my weight!  Fraustrating!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: question regarding your post baby bodies

• Options
    It's weird, but after my first two children when I was in 20's, it went back to normal pretty quickly. Now, it's not swollen like in the first few weeks before my uterus was completely back where it belonged and normal sized, but my fat is distributed differently than it used to be. I think I am going to have to lose all my fat to get rid of my new shape.
  • Options
    After DD, a year.  And then it was mostly back to normal but still a little pooch.  After DS, I was back down to weight much faster and I have some rockin' abs thanks to all the exercises I have to do for pelvic floor issues.  But even with that, not washboard flat.  But not bad.  So you have to really work for it.  Muscles don't snap back into place any longer.

DD -- 5YO
    DS -- 3YO

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I didn't fit into some of my pre-pg pants until 9 months post-partum. And I can't fit into any of my size 10 pants yet. I don't think I will b/c it seems my hips are a bit wider now :(
    Me: 44 DH: 42. DS born healthy at 40 weeks 8/24/09. TTC since then with no luck or ART. Surprise BFP 8/6/14... MMC @ 8 weeks 4 days... Miss you everyday sweet baby angel.
  • Options

It took me about 8 months to get my tummy "mostly" back. It's "softer" now than it was before.  But it did take me that long to fit into any pre-pg pants. Even now, 1 year later, my shape is different. My hips are wider?not horribly but enough that some clothes don't fit.

If I ever exercised, I think I could tone my tummy. But I seldom do.

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!
  • Options

imageMarried2003:
    How long did it take for your tummy to go back to normal.

My tummy is wrecked. I don't know if it is because of my c-section or what, but I don't think it's ever going to feel "normal" again.

PhotobucketPhotobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I am a BIG girl.  See the picture below for reference.  Except for the massive nursing hooters, I am actually a bit smaller than I was pre-preg.  I have never had a flat stomach, even when I was thin, so it looks and feels about the same for me.  I was back in my regular clothes at 3 weeks.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"