TTC after 35

Question on post-IUI - possible TMI & general update

Hello ladies,

Well, I had my first IUI yesterday. It went pretty well overall but hurt more than I thought it would (way more than the HSG). Because this was my first time, they had to dilate my cervix (ergo the ow!). They told me that I'd probably get some spotting and not to worry. But, it's been more than 24 hours since and I'm still spotting - is that normal? It's not much and I don't feel bad, but it's pretty steady. Did anyone else have spotting for a day or two afterward?

Also, we think we've finally figured out what's causing the IF (finally!). Although I'm producing great follies and my ovulations are strong, I'm ovulating too late. On my CD11 ultrasound, my follies were 17mm, 15mm, 15mm, but I didn't ovulate until CD15 and my cycle is only 26 days. Sooo, while it's not impossible that this time will work, we're not expecting it to. Next time, I'll do the shots to force ovulation earlier in my cycle, then do another IUI. I'm traveling next month during the peak time, so looking at October. While I'm not excited for the delay, I'm relieved that we seem to have found the root cause.

Wow - sorry, long post. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Question on post-IUI - possible TMI & general update

• I had spotting for about 12 hrs after one of my IUI's, the twit that used the speculum apparently had never seen one before......it was the worst experience I have ever had with one. I don't think it;s a big deal, but I'd probably call the dr if I was still spotting tom. Good Luck!
    1 ectopic 3 m/c's prior to 5/05 Un-freaking-explained IF 5/05 IVF, BFN 9/05 FET 3d5e, BFP = Beautiful Baby Girl (lucky pg #5) 8/08 Fet 3d5e, cp 12/08 IVF with PGD, transfer 3, BFN 5/09 FET transfer 4, BFN Hail Mary IUI with Follistim 9/11 BFP; 9/22 confirmed tubal/MTX 4/10 FET 3d5e, BFP!!!! m/c 5/26/10 1 year break and yet another m/c 5/11 FET #5 initial beat 121, second beta 7 Lap and removal of L tube and very mild endo 7/11 Suprise BFP 12/11 & m/c @ 8 wks. After 11 losses and one beautiful miracle our journey is over, we are thankful and at peace.
  • Sorry about the spotting...I've never spotted, but have had horrible cramping and tenderness after one IUI.  Hopefully the spotting has stopped for you today!  GL!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I haven't ever had spotting with my IUIs but I've never had to have my cervix dilated either.  I wouldn't hestitate to call to follow up.  Glad you have some new information that might help!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"