D.C. Area Babies

help me figure out pump weaning

I'm down to two sessions a day (9:00 and 3:00). It was easy to drop the mid-day session by slowly pumping less each day. But I want to cut down to one, mid-day session (~12:30). So how do I do that now? Just not pump at 9:00, pump at 12:30, not pump at 3:00? Cut back on pumping times, or slowly push back the 9:00?

Or should I just drop the 3:00 session and only pump once in the morning? In my head keeping one mid-day session makes sense because J seems to be dropping his morning nap (ack!) so if I keep this one, I'll still be able to nurse him before his (one) nap.

I'm not sure why I'm having such a hard time wrapping my head around this - maybe because I barely slept last night (and I can't even blame the baby. Sunday nights suck). 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2: BFP 12/17/11, m/c 1/7/12 and D&C 1/12/12

baby blog/cooking blog
Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: help me figure out pump weaning

• I also dropped that mid-day session first but then when I went down to one pump (last week) I pumped around 1-2ish. Basically, I waited to pump until I started to get uncomfortable.

Today is my first day at work without my pump and I'm a little nervous I'm going to physically need it. Eek. 

The DC Nest. Winers welcome.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • when i dropped down to 1 pump, i did it in the morning to still get the most for my one pump.  I would for instance, do the 9am pump, at 10, then 11 and so on until you get it where you want it and are comfortable.  Good luck!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • imagedoggylovr:
    when i dropped down to 1 pump, i did it in the morning to still get the most for my one pump.  I would for instance, do the 9am pump, at 10, then 11 and so on until you get it where you want it and are comfortable.  Good luck!!!

I did the above and now pump only when I need relief.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers image
  • When I dropped to one session, I didn't really gradually move, I think I just started pumping at the time that worked best for me.  The first day or two I felt a little full, but i didn't leak and my body adjusted quickly.  In my experience, my nursing schedule and pumping schedule never fully matched up and I didn't seem to have any problems.
  • I'm glad you brought this up.  I'm struggling with how to make my next move weaning T, so this has given me some good ideas :)
    imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"