New Jersey Babies

The Center for Women's Health in Avon

Does any one have any experiece with The Center for Women's Health in Avon? I have an appointment with them in a few weeks and was wondering if anyone had any feedback. Thanks!

Re: The Center for Women's Health in Avon

• I don't personally have experience with them but one of the midwives apprenticed under my midwife so I automatically get a good vibe.  LOL!  Actually, I do know a few women who have used them.  2 had beautiful VBACs with them and the other vaginally birth twins with them (which is almost unheard of!!!  Twins are usually c-sections). 
    R & R: est 2003 LOs: 4/2005, 10/2007, 2/2011 Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Thanks for the feedback. I have been look for recommendations but haven't been that successful in finding them. Yours was very helpful!
  • Loading the player...
  • i go to dr patty & dr louise, and I LOVE THEM. my DH immediately took to them as soon as they said "we don't treat pregnancy as a disease." they don't push you to do every test but they give you the info you need about them to make an informed decision. they're open to natural childbirth, VBAC, waterbirth (which is offered at jersey shore medical center), and most other forms of childbirth. i started going there by "accident" - i needed a new dr for my annuals & a friend suggested them without telling me they were midwives. once i became pregnant i was so glad that i was already a patient. the nurses & receptionist are great too. i think you'll be very happy with them.
  • Thanks for the feedback. I have my first appointment in 2 weeks and I am very nervous. Your review was very reassuring.
  • I know Im late on this, so I hope all went well at Avalon.  I LOVE them!  The first time I was there was not under happy circumstances, and they spent a lot of time with me and really got me through. 

They take their time with appointments, and Ive never had an uncomfortable or difficult time with them.  I actually said the other day that from here forward, finding any other new doctor to use (pediatrician, dentist, whatever) will never be the same again because my expectations are so high now.

• imagedarkskyy:

I know Im late on this, so I hope all went well at Avalon.  I LOVE them!  The first time I was there was not under happy circumstances, and they spent a lot of time with me and really got me through. 

They take their time with appointments, and Ive never had an uncomfortable or difficult time with them.  I actually said the other day that from here forward, finding any other new doctor to use (pediatrician, dentist, whatever) will never be the same again because my expectations are so high now.

And pregnancy brain strikes again... thought you were asking about Avalon.  Oops :) 

Good luck with Avon too!!

• Hi. I know I'm late on this, and new here, but I just want to say that I LOVE LOVE LOVE Patty & Louise. I moved over to them when I was six months pregnant. I had LOTS of questions because I wanted to have a water birth. They were so patient with me, especially considering I'm an "over researcher", and answered all of my questions honestly. I also have to say that Dr. Morgan, the OB they are affiliated with, is also pretty awesome. Grace was breech and ended up being delivered via C-section (exactly the opposite of what I was trying to do). They tried everything to help turn the baby too--twice! Louise was with me the whole time. She comes across as kind of stand-offish in the office, but in that OR she was the one holding me when my DH couldn't come in yet. She was incredibly comforting and caring.

I would reccomend them without hesitation to anyone and everyone!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"