DH and I are talking about doing foster care adoption. We are not 100% on the time line yet. DH is hesistant and has a few apprehensions. If you have a moment, can you please answer the following questions:
1. Have you encountered any drama from having a mixed race family? Has the child expressed any issues with it?
2. If you legally adopt the child, is there any chance they can still be taken from you and placed with someone else?
3. How much does it cost (we are in IL)
4. Would you recommend having our biological children first and then adopting (so the adopted children would be the youngest) or adopt amongst our own age-wise?
5. Does the state provide any counseling? We don't mind paying for it ourselves, but if there are resources available, we would obviously take whatever is available.
6. After adoption, do you continue to get financial compensation (same as #5, if we don't, thats totally fine! But we'll take whatever).
Thank you SO much for taking the time to help me out! This process is extremely new to us and any help you 'vetrans" can provide, Id appreciate!!!