Stay at Home Moms

Somewhat Silly Question...

So DH and I may be relocating in the fall...  My family lives where we currently are and I have friends from my former job but as silly as it sounds, I have no idea how to go about making friends when we move!  This is the first time since I was 15 that I haven't had a job and without work or school or something of that nature, I'm not sure how to go about meeting people.  DD is pretty young for things like the playground and story time and things like that.  DH works odd hours and travels a lot for work so I will have DD with me most of the time.  I don't want to be cooped up alone in a new city though.  Any advice?  Thanks!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Somewhat Silly Question...

• Join a group of other moms: MOPS, MOMS club, something that you find on meetup.com, etc. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Join a MOPS group, a book club (I joined one that we started up on my local Nest board), join a gym, become a member at a church (if you are religious), Stroller Strides or a moms workout group, or storytime at the library.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers, Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • volunteer, playgroups, stay in tune with community activities and attend as many as possible, or as many as you like.  You will eventually find something that you enjoy and others who have similar interests as you.
            image image  image 
    To be loved, and to be in love
  • imageMainelyFoolish:
    Join a group of other moms: MOPS, MOMS club, something that you find on meetup.com, etc. 

I am in all of these in my area...we just moved here a year ago when DS was 2 months old.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"