Two Under 2

Mirena

My kiddos are 18 months apart - I have PCOS and was breastfeeding when I got preg. with #2.  Because of PCOS and nursing, we weren't using any birth control.  I'm not so sure we could afford 3U3 - so I am considering Mirena.  However, I've heard of multiple people getting preg with it.  I know, the only thing 100% is abstinence, but not sure DH would approve!  Stick out tongue  Anyone get preg with #2 using Mirena?  Or any thoughts?  (And I'm nursing #2 - hopefully for a year.)
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Mirena

• I don't know of anyone getting pregnant on mirena IRL. On the boards someone always "knows someone"....but obv you need to take that with a grain of salt.
  • I just got it at my 6w pp appointment.   I don't know anyone that got pg on Mirena and all my friends highly recommend it.

It really wasn't bad to have it put in

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I have 2 friends (and an acquaintance) that got pregnant on it. 
    Camryn Grace ~ July 6th, 2009 ~ 7lbs 9oz, 20.5" Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
    Brayden Richard Drew ~ December 20, 2010~7lbs 9oz, 20" Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • mine slide out of place and if i wasnt one of those people who checked for the strings bc i was worried about getting pregnant I might have. luckily i felt the string was longer and the plastic bottom of the T sticking out! (TMI!)

i had to have it removed and rather than risk it again i went back on birth control...(for now)

• I've never met anyone in real life either who has gotten pg with one but like pp, it seems everyone i know on the boards knows someone.... We still chose it for our bc after number 2.
  • imagehamilton.ja:
    I've never met anyone in real life either who has gotten pg with one but like pp, it seems everyone i know on the boards knows someone.... We still chose it for our bc after number 2.

This. I plan on getting it at my 6w appt.

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • This was something that I was concerned about as well. My OB said that no one in her practice (huge and serves most of the pregnant women in the area) ever had a patient get pregnant on Mirena. They put them in using ultrasound guidance and make absolutely sure that it is placed correctly. When I was getting it in, my OB actually took my first one out and redid it because she didn't like the way it was sitting.

No method of birth control is perfect, but IUDs have a very good success rate. It's on par with having your tubes tied.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"