Attachment Parenting
Options

I'm torn about waking him from naps

I've heard that you shouldn't wake a sleeping baby but DS would sleep all afternoon if I let him.  It's only been the last 4 days or so and I attributed it to the 6 week growth spurt.  But he got up at 9:30.  Took a nap at 1130-1.  And now went down at 2 and is still sleeping.  He used to take quick naps at 11, 2 and then 4-6 and sleep at 830/9.  Now he is cranky from 8-11pm and is napping more.  I don't know.  :(  I feel like all I do is try and figure this kid out.  I don't schedule him but this is what he fell into. 

Do you wake your LO after a certain time?  Is there an ideal nap length?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: I'm torn about waking him from naps

• Options
    Let him nap or he will be even more cranky!  I think the only time they say to wake a sleeping baby is if they nap for 4 hours straight, not if they are taking frequent shorter naps.  If he's sleeping it's because he needs it, could be a growth spurt or he's working on a new milestone or he's fighting off a virus...let him sleep!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    At that age I let her sleep and if it changed our schedule, it wasn't a big deal as I was home and it changed weekly anyway.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagegdemars:

I I feel like all I do is try and figure this kid out. 

And then once you figure him out, he will change.  Don't stress over the figuring it out part - you probably won't for another 4-5-6 months! 

• Options
    I never wake her.  Sometimes she naps an hour, sometimes 3 hours.  Going through the last growth spurt she slept 9 PM to 10:30 AM, was up an hour, then went back to sleep.  He probably needs it!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    I would let him be. All kids are different, he may just need more sleep. My DS never napped well, but he has napped really good this week. He took a 3 hour nap this morning and just fell asleep again. Babies are constantly changing so just because she naps a bunch now does not mean she will in another month. She is sleeping because she needs it, she is young and needs more sleep then me and you!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker>

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"