Long Island Babies

Winthrop Univ. vs. North Shore LIJ

Anyone have any comments as to which maternity ward they liked better- or which they found to be worse?

I'm trying to figure out which hospital would be best and would LOVE any and all feedback!!

Re: Winthrop Univ. vs. North Shore LIJ

• Personally I love North Shore...I had DD there...but I had a decent amount of friends that also liked Winthrop. I was freaked out by winthrop after they gave my friends baby to another mommy(her roommate) to breastfeed...luckily they realized before anything took place.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • i was very happy with withrop last April.

They were ontop of answering when I'd press the button for help. The labor and delivery rooms were nice. The post baby rooms were standard but cleaned alot. My son was in nicu for 10 days and they took great care of him (and we were able to visit any hour of the day to him)

With regards to them handing off the baby at Winthrop. When the baby was born they tagged me, my husband and the baby. Whenever we went into the nicu they checked our bands to make sure it matched the baby

• Loading the player...
  • im going to North Shore for my LO. ive heard good things about both but NS i believe is better equipped to handle major medical problems if they occur. Ive heard from people at both that the staff is by far better at NS but Winthrop is nicer.

at least NS has the Katz institute opening for #2! can.not.wait!  it was supposed to open in jan, then got pushed to june and now its jan 2011. i was hoping that this one would be delivered there.

also for us (we are in Glen Cove) NS is easier to get to for both us and family.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Wiinthrop has a Level 3 NICU Unit - North Shore does not. I was very pleased with Winthrop.

• you could always set up a tour of both maternity wards and see which one you like for yourself
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Well, it looks as though Winthrop is it!!  A friend just had her baby there and was more than happy with her experience.  I'm switching doctors as of last week, and the new practice's doctors are Winthrop affiliated.
  • I delivered my twin girls via c-section almost 2 years ago at Winthrop and I have only AMAZING things to say about that place.  They have a new womens/maternity ward.  I had my own room and the entire maternity ward was spotless clean.  I dealt with several nurses and staff there throughout my 5 day stay there and each one was so incredibly helpful, nice and understanding.  If I ever get pregnant again, that is the ONLY place I would deliver.  My high risk OB is affiliated with Winthrop and that is how I ended up there.

I started oout my pregnancy with my reg OB and she is affiliated with North Shore.  I had several L & D visits there and I never had one good experience there..the nurses I dealt with were off putting and short with me.  I had an all around negative vibe from that place.  Most of my friends have delivered there and I find that place to be dirtier, older looking and less well equipped.

• Has anyone had a recent experience with Winthrop ? Im  will be going in 2 weeks and very curious how visitoring hours are handled? I hear mixed information.  I had my daughter there 6 years ago and it was very strict- but have heard its much different now.

Thanks.

• what is a level 3 NICU??? that is where im suppose to deliver there
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"