Natural Birth

HypnoBirth Session #2

I wanted to give you all an update because it seems like many ladies on this board are interested in incorporating hypnobirthing into their plan of of natural birth.

DH and I are enjoying this class.

Although I wish I felt more of a connection with the instructor - we are her only clients in this class - and she couldn't remember our names yesterday.

We read a couple of scripts out loud. A few scripts are intended to be read to the baby: I read A Mother's Conversation with Her Unborn Child. One script was the Daddy's Promise. DH started tearing up after the second line and said "I can't do this...." I think he felt embarrassed getting emotional in front of a stranger. It was so sweet and he started making me tear up!

He promised to read it out loud later at home when it was just us. So between his quesiness about the body (he's got a thing about veins) and his senstive side, I think he's either giong to be passed out or crying during delivery Stick out tongue

We left with a lot of "homework" - script reading, massage practice, birth and surge breathing practice and a Birth Preference and Emotional and Fear worksheet to fill out.

Many items we worked through prompted me to start a list of questions to ask the hospital. We did the tour months ago, but I had always planned to contact them with follow up questions like: can they clean the baby on my chest, can we bring candles, should I bring my own baby blanket that a friend will take to our dog later before we bring LO home or would they provide a specific blanket, etc.

These classes are great - it's helping DH and I bond with the baby a little more (and with each other), and prepping us for L&D. We've always had a very close relationship and strong marriage - it's cool to watch it develop on another level.

If you have a chance, I recommend Hypnobirthing.

Stay tuned for update #3.

Re: HypnoBirth Session #2

• It sounds great!  I haven't decided if I want to do the class or Bradley plus the home study, so I appreciate your summary.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Sounds awesome. We start our classes in October, and it's once a week for five weeks. I already ordered the book on my Kindle (I couldn't wait!) and the reading portion has been great. Can't wait to get the scripts and CDs and what not, since we get that with the course when we start.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"