Attachment Parenting
Options

Carrier: Moby or other?

Hi Ladies!

I hope you don't grow too tired of babywearing questions!

I'm trying to decide between the Moby and this company: https://www.beebymecouture.com/

I am small (barely 5 feet) so I am concerned about getting something that will work with my size.

Any suggestions which one I should get? We do have a Baby Bjorn we are borrowing from my brother, so I will have a structured carrier as well. I did, however, want a wrap to wear around the house, walks around the block, etc.

Thanks!! 

DSC_0330editedimage
The two men in my life. Oh, and I have a husband too...
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Carrier: Moby or other?

• Options

Those look pretty moby like so I don't think it would matter much - I'd go with whichever you like best.  My guess is that they are the same length as the moby - which you will likely find long.  You can always make your own from jersey knit or cut the moby down if you need to.

Just don't do that outward facing carry they are showing - it's not an ergonomically correct position ;-)

• Options

The nice thing about most stretchy wraps is that since they're made out of jersey cotton, you can trim them if you need it shorter and the edges will roll instead of unraveling.  I actually just made my own; you can Google "no sew Moby wrap" and you should be able to find directions.  In any event, I wouldn't worry--either a Moby or the other one will probably work great for you!  One thing to keep in mind, though--no matter what you might see in pictures, stretchy wraps should NEVER be used for back carries.  It's EXTREMELY dangerous, no matter how experiences the wearer is.

Happy babywearing!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am only 4'10" and I found all the fabric of a moby to be overwhelming.  I am currently loving my My Baby Nest.  It is a wrapless wrap if that makes any sense!  I can do all the carries that a moby does, but with a lot less fabric and she feels more secure.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"