South Florida Babies

poll- for those who have already experienced a hospital delivery

while i was in the hospital 24 days ago, my aunt came everyday and brought us treats.  the first day it was home made guac and mint lemonade.  the second day she brought coffee and carrot cake for dessert.  then on the day we came home from the hospital, she brought over mac and cheese casarole, for dinner and  blueberry muffins for the next days breakfast!  it was so nice to not only have some outside food and drinks, but she also always brought enough for visitors to share with us.  we decided then that we were going to pass it on, as she had done ( her mil did this for her while she was in the hospital after her delivery)  NOW my cousin who has been five weeks behind me just delivered her baby boy last night.  I brought cupcakes that said happy birthday Mylo and a half gallon of milk for everyone who was there for the delivery to share.  What should we bring tonight... we are thinking another dessert and coffee, since they were really tired last night, but is that too many sweets???

My question is: what did you crave from the outside world while you were in the hospital? 

TIA

Re: poll- for those who have already experienced a hospital delivery

• Hmmm...I craved a mamey milkshake. lol But I think a dessert and coffee is a nice touch, even if you bring something sweet every day!
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
    BFP #3: 01/28/12, EDD: 09/23/12, MMC (BO), D&C 2/16/12 at 6.5 wks
    BFP #4: 05/23/12, EDD: 01/31/12, Early MC at 5 wks

RPL Workup: + LPD (7DPO Prog = 7.8, Endometrial Bx = out of phase)
    Elevated Alpha 2-glycoprotein IgA and antiphosphatidylserine IgM -->
    Hematologist said not to worry and no need for treatment!

Dx: LPD
    Cycle #1(08/2012): Clomid 50 mg CD3-7, Ovidrel CD13 + Progesterone = It worked!
    BFP #5 on 09/10/12 (11 DPO). HCG #1 @ 14DPO = 131.6 HCG #2 @ 16DPO = 509
    EDD: 05/23/2013 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• This may not be the answer you're looking for, but I craved wine and sushi after a long 9 months of abstaining from both (mostly).

However, you could always bring a tray of cuban goodies - croquettas, pastelitos, cangrejitos, etc

image image

• Loading the player...
  • my brother went to Whole Foods and got us a bunch of prepared food and desserts...like 5 bags of groceries and although I am sure it cost him an arm and a leg it was awesome and very appreciated!

My mom brought trays of food that we could eat or freeze...and we got lots of bagels and cream cheese...also donuts! yum

• I craved a publix sub :)  and a coca cola.  that's me though!
    DD (8/12/09), DD (2/8/11)
    BFP 12/16/14| EDD 8/19/15 |MMC 1/15/15 (9 weeks 1 day)
  • Personally, I really wanted sushi and a margarita.  However, what was brought to us was pizza/pasta one day - with two extra pizzas for the nurse's station.  The second was the traditional Jewish spread of bagels, tuna, egg salad, cream cheese, etc.  The next day I was gone before lunch time.

Photo courtesy of www.yaporiginals.com
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    It's Beshert
  • wtf!? no one brought me any food to the hospital! i ate hospital food for every meal.... i am feeling bummed now!!! lol!
  • imageMelanieJH1016:
    wtf!? no one brought me any food to the hospital! i ate hospital food for every meal.... i am feeling bummed now!!! lol!

You are not alone!!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
    BFP #3: 01/28/12, EDD: 09/23/12, MMC (BO), D&C 2/16/12 at 6.5 wks
    BFP #4: 05/23/12, EDD: 01/31/12, Early MC at 5 wks

RPL Workup: + LPD (7DPO Prog = 7.8, Endometrial Bx = out of phase)
    Elevated Alpha 2-glycoprotein IgA and antiphosphatidylserine IgM -->
    Hematologist said not to worry and no need for treatment!

Dx: LPD
    Cycle #1(08/2012): Clomid 50 mg CD3-7, Ovidrel CD13 + Progesterone = It worked!
    BFP #5 on 09/10/12 (11 DPO). HCG #1 @ 14DPO = 131.6 HCG #2 @ 16DPO = 509
    EDD: 05/23/2013 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• wow, no one brought me food either!!!

I ate 100% hospital food, except for the moment I was allowed to eat after my c-section, I made my dad go get me a grilled cheese sandwich from TooJay's... I was STARVING after not eating for nearly 2 days!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

My Blog: SIREN.ORG!

• imageMelanieJH1016:
    wtf!? no one brought me any food to the hospital! i ate hospital food for every meal.... i am feeling bummed now!!! lol!

Me too!  You guys are so lucky.  :)

I really craved a Publix sub too.  LOL

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I craved getting out of there lol. It didn't even occur to me to ask someone to bring me outside food!!
    imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • My MIL brought us bagels and cream cheese one morning (I love it!) and too-jays lunch another time in the hospital. 

Also, the first night we were home she brought us pizza, chicken parm, salad and garlic rolls for dinner and also some prepared food from Fresh Market which was really nice (and yummy).  

• That was very very sweet of her to bring goodies while you were in the hospital!

When I had Gaby all I wanted was brownies and anything with chocolate! With Alex I wanted fastfood any fastfood as long as it was in my room ASAP!

• May not be much help, but I'm with Leanna, stop by a Cuban bakery and get an assortment of pastelitos.  That is a perfect snack for the parents, plus for all guests that pass by.  And you can bring them also a cafe con leche.

That is very sweet of you to help them out!

-- Jackie
    "If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I guess I craved sweets? I did not find the hospital food too terrible and we were so busy with the baby that I really do not remember craving much or being hungry in between hospital meals. I will have to make a mental note to remember this stuff this time around!

Such a sweet gesture by your aunt - and now you. You guys are so thoughtful!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageMelanieJH1016:

LOL..

I love this idea!!!! I think a Cuban tray of pastelitos are great because you can have assorted with the sweet ones and some with different meats. 

My Blog: One Project at a Time Blog

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

My Chart
    CP 05/09
    BFP on 7/26/09 - M/C 8/13/09 @ 7 Wks
    BFP on 10/28/09 - M/C 11/9/09 @ 5 Wks 2 Days
    1/25/10 - RPL results everything normal but have low Progesterone
    BFP on 06/09/10 - EDD 02/20/2011
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"