Colorado Babies
Options

Pike's Peak?

Has anyone ever driven/taken the cog up while pregnant?  DH and I used to live in Co Springs, but now live in Ohio.  We're taking a vacation back to the springs and really want to take the cog up the mountain.  I've been up before without any issues, but I know it can be different for a pregnant woman.  I'll only be about 12 weeks at that point.  I've been given some conflicting advice.  I just want to make sure it's safe for the baby.  Anyone have any experience/advice?  Thanks so much!!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Pike's Peak?

• Options

I went up when I was about 4 months pregnant and didn't have any issues.  Have fun!

• Options
    I asked my doctor if it would be okay to ride up the highway with friends visiting from out of town when I was just 8 weeks along and she responded with an emphatic "NOOO!"  The lack of oxygen can cause you to get light headed, dizzy, and even pass out.  I was super bummed, but being that high means baby is getting even less oxygen so I decided to avoid it.  She also told me to stay under 7,000 feet for hiking which is a bit hard around here and I've gone a little over, but only by about 200 feet. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Went to pikes peak when I was like 6 weeks pregnant. I got a little light headed so I stayed in the car the whole time. My doctor said it's safe if you make a small trip and not spend more then two days that high in elevation. My house is at 7,000 feet.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"