Cloth Diapering
Options

Trying to pick what kind of diapers to buy...

I have no idea what kind of diapers to stock up on for when baby comes, and I don't want a ton of diapers that we end up completely hating. What kind of diapers have worked and more importantly NOT worked for you guys??

Re: Trying to pick what kind of diapers to buy...

• Options

I love pampers swaddlers sensitive, but a lot of people have objections against the "dry max" in the new ones.  I used one pack of them with no problems.

I also use Huggies pure and natural, and have no leakage issues.  The one downfall to them is you can really smell the urine... which I assume is b/c of the lack of *some* chemicals in them.. I deal with it though b/c they are super soft and flexible like the pampers swaddlers..

Hope that helps!

• Options

We used huggies snug and dry at the hospital and then we used some pampers swaddlers that we got as a gift when we got home. We didn't have any issues with either one so when she outgrew the newborn size we stuck with huggies snug and dry because they are cheaper and work just as well (for us).

Now we are switching to cloth diapers and really wish I would have sooner. They go through so many diapers a day especially in the beginning and taking out the trash became really daunting.

DD1 - 2010 TTC v2.0
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Are you looking for disposables or cloth?

We will be using cloth and I've heard nothing but rave reviews for the BumGenius 4.0s. I bought the ones with the snaps because a lot of people saythe velcro wears out.

We also registered for the RealNappies Essentials Newborn Pack (which comes with 12 prefolds and a few covers, along with some other stuff). If we get that, I will use those until LO is big enough for the BGs (usually about 12lbs). If we don't get them, I will probably use disposables until LO is big enough. Though, the pack is only $60 so it may be cheaper than using disposables for a month.

Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    If you're looking for cloth recommendations, I love FuzziBunz One Size, bumGenius 4.0 with snaps, and Blueberry One Size pockets.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We just switched to cloth at home and are using BumGenuis 4.0 and Happy Heinys. DS goes to daycare and they won;t do cloth so we use Target brand Up & Up. They are super cheap and work great. We used Huggies Pure & Natural newborn size and we loved them also. HATED Pampers, even with Baby Dry and not Dry Max.
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options

It's all personal preference.

What I hate: bumGenius 3.0 with aplix (one size)

What I LOVE: FuzziBunz One Size, bumGenius 4.0 with snaps (one size), Blueberry pockets (one size)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"