Health & Exercise

1st tri ladies...

How do you have energy to workout? I try to workout 3x a week and I'm so exhausted. Any tips?

Re: 1st tri ladies...

• It's different for everyone but running actually gave me more energy when I was already tired. Some days I needed a break but usually if I just got out there I felt so much better. It helped a bit with nausea too. Good luck!
  • I have found I do the best first thing in the morning.  I get up, get dressed and hit the treadmill... I am really tired when I get started, but almost always feel more awake and energized for the day when I am done.  Of course there are days I can't get motivated... when I can't I just make myself walk or jog 2 miles and then I feel like I at least did something for the day... or even take my daughter for a walk in the evening.  If I wait until the evening or afternoon to work-out my energy is gone and there is no chance I am going to get a good work-out in!!  Just remember everyone is different... good luck and hang in there!!
  • Loading the player...
  • I need to get back to working out,, no more overnights for awhile which is good and am getting rest... but now it's like the motivation to work out,, not really with the pregnancy.

I also need to do a food log especially since DH and I signed up for a nutritionist to help him prepare for his first Half Ironman in April... and I'm helping him train,, and need to eat a little better.

Having chicken ceasar salad and powdered doughnuts! Water of course,,,

Got a half marathon in Oct,, so will be back to running,, and eating better ,now!

kelly

• The only problem with 1st thing in the morning is trying to get my DS ready for school and DD ready for the day. Im going to do it tomorrow regardless of how I feel right after I drop DS off at school. Thanks!
  • I go 5-6 days a week after work.  I am on the bigger side as it is, and just tell myself that working out with help with delivery (so I have heard) and help get me back on the bandwagon after baby.  Its a lot of in my own head conversation..lol

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"