D.C. Area Babies
Options

s/o do you keep bottles for future kids?

C has pretty much made the transition to sippies and I'm probably done pumping (hip hip hooray!), so I've been packing away his bottles and nipples. We are years off from another kid - should these "keep" well until then? We have a few nicer Avent bottles, but they're mostly cheap Evenflo/BRU brand. I'm wondering if the plastic degrades or something. 

So, did you save bottles for the next kid or toss? 

The DC Nest. Winers welcome.
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: s/o do you keep bottles for future kids?

• Options
    We had the Playtex drop-in bottles. We kept them and are using them for DS. I would however toss the nipples and buy new when you use them again. They are only good for a limited period of time and then generally begin to breakdown.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I saved ours. We have Born Free bottles and those suckers are expensive!
    Photobucket
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I save everything. So yes, I was planning to save the bottles too although I may get new nipples for them when we decide to have #2.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I saved absolutely everything, even diapers DD grew out of, for #2

• Options
    I am planning to throw ours out.  Most of them have name labels on them since DS was in daycare that will be a pain to remove. 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

imageclaraj:
    I saved ours. We have Born Free bottles and those suckers are expensive!

Amen sister!

How is everyone storing them? I have all the smaller bottles in a big ziplock bag, but am not sure what to do with the bigger bottles.

Also, I'm glad you posted this because I had no idea about nipples eroding and had been planning to reuse them!

• Options

Yes, because we had bottle rejection issues with both kids, so I don't feel like potentially having to fork over more $$$ to figure out what Hypothetical #3 likes.  I bought all new nipples for DS, though, and will throw these out after he's done with them.

I don't *think* the bottle plastic degrades that quickly (assuming your #2 comes in the next few years) - I remember reading up on the BPA leaching issues before DS.  But I could totally be wrong.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We kept our glass Evenflo bottles but trashed the plastic bottles.  The plastic ones were just cheapies too.  I'm getting all new nipples as well.
  • Options
    We're just replacing nipples, they were in pretty bad shape though.
    imageimage

TTC #1 Cycle 14 - IUI#1=BFN, IUI#2=BFP | TTC #2 Cycle 8=BFP!! imageimage

• Options

We saved the bottles but replaced the nipples...we use the Playtex drop-ins.

Since I am having no luck talking DH into #3, I guess I'll be tossing them after DD (sniff sniff)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We saved everything too.  I'll go through and sort before #2 arrives, but I think even the nipples are still in pretty good shape.  Lets hope number 2 likes Medela as much as DD....
  • Options
    We saved everything, since I went through 4 brands before I found one BabyCrown liked (Dr. Brown).  I didn't know about the nipples since ours are in good condition.
  • Options
    imageSofka:

I saved absolutely everything, even diapers DD grew out of, for #2

I plan on doing the same...I do have a stash of diapers already that DS outgrew before I finished the package 

• Options
    Keep.
    Wife, Musician, Fed, WW-er, and Mom of three little kids - not necessarily in that order.
  • Options
    Am I the only one who wants to chuck them and never see them again? We used the cheapie Gerbers.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

imageMrsKLS:
    We had the Playtex drop-in bottles. We kept them and are using them for DS. I would however toss the nipples and buy new when you use them again. They are only good for a limited period of time and then generally begin to breakdown.

Exactly this.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"