Baby Showers

vent about my sister

I just have to b*tch about my sister for a little while because she annoys the hell out of me.

She's 18 months younger than me and still a graduate student (vet school) and has a huge middle child complex.. i.e needs to be center of attention all the time.  SHe's been single for awhile and has a bit of a complex about the fact that she is the only single one in the immediete family.

She was my maid of honor but forgot to do a bachelorette party and whined about any aspect of the wedding she had to be involved in because it cut into her schedule.  THere weren't very many things, just the rehearsal dinner and a few fittings.  She chose her own dress and it was seriously cut down to her belly button.  Then she chose that night (the wedding) to throw a huge hissy fit and break up with her boyfriend.  THey created a huge scene at the hotel and he threw a chair off the balcony.

Now she orginally told me that she wanted to be involved in the baby shower but is up to her old tricks, complaining that I am being demanding by not 'choosing a date' that suits her.  She wants to make a trip to CA and go to an aquaintance's wedding on the date that my MOTHER has chosen for the shower.  I keep telling her, I am not in planning this.  It's not my problem.  Do we really need to change the date for her?

It extra annoys me because I didn't even have a bridal shower and my now my cousin (who just got married and had the bridal shower/dollar dance at wedding) is pregnant and due 2 months after me but her mother is insisting on having her shower the wknd after mine because "she doesn't want the guests to not have money to spend on the shower when it gets too close to Christmas." So now, most guests aren't coming to my shower because they are already going to hers.  And now potentially my own sister isn't coming.

I'm just annoyed because she always tries to make it out like I'm being a ridiculous princess just for wanting to do these things: i.e get married, have a baby and she just always makes it seem like she is so much more important.  Lately I just find that I can't deal with her at all and am trying to avoid talking to her.  Ok, vent over.  I just wanted to write it down.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Why do they have to make it smell so good if you can't eat it?? BabyFruit Ticker

Re: vent about my sister

• why would  people not come to your shower cause they are going to your cousins? That makes no sense to me. And honestly your mother should speak to your sister about her attendance at your shower which I feel is more important than an "acquaintance" wedding
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Lots of OOT guests/shared family.  Can't make the trip 2 wknds in a row.  I'm sure my sister will end up coming but just make a lot of noise about what a hassle it all is.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Why do they have to make it smell so good if you can't eat it?? BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Well seriously, she needs to knock it off. She sounds like the type that when it is her turn in the spotlight for her own wedding and baby shower that the whole world will have to drop to its feet and go above and beyond, especially her dear old sister. 

And above all that... wouldn't you think she'd be so excited for a new nephew/niece?!  Showers may be boring but BABIES are the BEST!!!

• Duplicate post
  • 1. Your bridal festivities (or lack thereof) have nothing do with the present. Move.On. 

2.  I don't know why most guests would go to one shower and not the other (unless they are on the same day, which is unclear).

4.. And, to put things into perspective, not everything is about you, either. 

• imagePunkyBooster:

1. Your bridal festivities (or lack thereof) have nothing do with the present. Move.On. 

2.  I don't know why most guests would go to one shower and not the other (unless they are on the same day, which is unclear).

4.. And, to put things into perspective, not everything is about you, either. 

I already replied to this.

I'm not sure how saying everything is not about me is relevant.  Are you having a baby shower? I'm assuming it would bother you if your closest family members decided not to turn up to it for stupid reasons.

Also, I think my wedding festivities/lack thereof illustrate the general attitude that I'm venting about.  That's why I mentioned them.  I did also post on my birth board, but it's a different post if you read it.

• If your sister is that much of a pain - then let her go to the wedding. she is just going to be miserable and cause drama and you are not going to enjoy the party anyway. If people dont want to be there - then they shouldnt go, doesnt matter who it is. 

so far as family goes -- can your mom talk to your aunt about having something the same weekend ? kinda busy to have two showers in one weekend, but at least it would be easier for out of town guests if you really want them to be there.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"