Baby Showers

registry ?

My husband and I are expecting our first in the end of Feb and really have no clue what this kid needs. we have to register early because we are moving across the country when I am 6 months.... we dont live near our families now and dont know anyone with kids and wont know anyone when we move. 

SOOOOO  --- what strollers and cars seats do babies need ? It seems people have multiples of each. I know we need a jogging stroller to run with but other than that - no idea what we need.  i know we needs other things too but im trying to figure it out a few items at a time.

thank you very much for your help :)  

Re: registry ?

• BRU and Target have suggested registry lists, I would start there. Also check out the Baby Bargains book, it lists things you really need, don't need, etc and rates items.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Playard, Swing, Bouncer, Crib, Crib Mattress, Crib Bedding, Diaper Disposal, Carseat, Bathtub, Car Shades, Thermometer, Bottles, Soothers, Breast Pump (if using)

As far as the carseat/stroller goes.....DH and I REALLY wanted a travel system.  We purchased a Peg Perego Pliko P3 and the matching Primo Viaggio SIP carseat.  DH ended up changing his mind and we sold the Pliko.  We purchased the new Phil and Ted's Smart Buggy Bundle instead.  Our carseat is not compatible with it but we have a snap and go to use.  I know there are jogging strollers that are compatible with carseats or you can add an adapter onto.

HTH!

• Loading the player...
  • THANK YOU SO MUCH !!!!! 
  • Baby Bargains is a GREAT place to start.  Just start reading and researching.  Go to the baby stores and just look around at what they have, what features the different products offer and what fits your family. Read the reviews on the different sites, including this one and ask what people thought of this product or that.

I have decided on and changed my mind a hundered times since I first found out I was pregnant.

We aren't much for jogging, but I wanted a stroller that I could take to the park, the older kids sporting events, a trip to the mall, a walk around the block, etc that was light weight and easy to fold and was $200 or less.  I ended up with the Baby Jogger City Mini and love it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Baby Bargains is going to help you soooooo much.  You really need to figure out what you will use with your lifestyle for strollers/car seats/etc.

I would also recommend looking in the tools section here on the Bump for the checklist of what they say you need.  You can always adjust it to yourself.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Hopefully if you take the time to put a registry together people will actually use it. I don't mean to sound ungrateful because I have been given a lot of nice gifts but I spent many hours cafeully researching and selecting what items I wanted our baby (due 10-23-10) and then it seems people disregard that you are registered and just go buy whatever they want.

But the advice you have been given here is all great, I registered at Baby's R Us and it does automotically populate your registry with items based on your selected profile. The "must have's" list is helpful too.

Good luck! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"