South Carolina Babies
Options

Baby Story..my birth..

I had my baby this past Wednesday and wanted to share for all those that are as nervous as I was....

Although not all experiences are like this...I had a wonderful birth and wanted to put some minds at ease as to a few things...

I went into labor on Tuesday night..but not enough that the doctors count it as part of the hours in labor....I went to the hospital originally for cervidil, but wasn't able to take it since my body was already contracting...and no, I didn't really know I was...so for those of you that are unsure..they feel similar to period cramps, but at different intensity levels.  I was clueless that this was what a contraction felt like!

In the morning I was put on a very small dose of Petocin and was already 3cm and 90% effaced...within an hour, the nurse decided I wasn't moving fast enough and turned up the Petocin...this was when I felt more intense "cramps" and some felt awful as I moaned and groaned, but nothing life shattering, just very very uncomfortable, especially as they came every 2 minutes....

It was this time, after my third set of contractions that I asked for the epideral...for those of you scared of this, don't be!!!  My experience with it was amazing!  It was NOT painful in my case.  I was terrified and  thought it was nothing...again, not sure this is everyone's experience..but I HATE needles and don't deal well with pain....

Next the catheter... didn't feel that put in...too numb.  :)

After the epideral, I felt NOTHING but pressure....I pushed for 40 minutes, something else I was scared of...but I felt NOTHING painful and thought it was the most amazing ever!!

I did tear a little, didn't even know it, and today, three days later...have very little pain associated with that...

Hope that all helps those of you that are scared about the experience....

And by the way...I have small hips, carried very small, and had a 8lb 10 oz baby and still say it was amazing!!!!

Good Luck Ladies!!!

Re: Baby Story..my birth..

• Options
    Congratulations!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Congrats!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hey Stef, I know you posted this almost two mos. ago so I'm not sure if you'll see it but I just wanted to say congrats on the baby! I met you at the Columbia moms GTG last Feb. at the mexican place. I hope things are going well with you and the little one :-)
    Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"