Single Parents
Options

child support ?(plz no flames)

I'm new to this board...I have a question regarding child support. My little girls dad already has 2 other kids that I wasn't aware of until late in the relationship and pregnancy. When I filed and told him he threatened me by saying my baby would get a whole lot less than his other kids. That scares me and aggrivates me. Is there any truth to how much you get in CS due to other kids and if so is it a huge difference? How does this work? With my DD1 her father only has my daughter and no other kids so there was no problems. TIA 1HT

Re: child support ?(plz no flames)

• Options

My understanding is that the child support will still be based on his income, but that the child support he pays for the first and second will not change. And is added to the calculation so that your child may receive less then the first and second.

I googled a 'child support calculator for ky' and was able to get an accurate calculation.

All stats are different also, so I would try to call a lawyer monday.

• Options
    PP is correct. They will look at his income & yours and then factor in what he already pays in c.s. since they can't take more than a certain percentage of his income for cs. You will more than likely get less but you never know. GL.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I thought the younger the child the more CS....not sure if this is true.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I can't say for sure, but I would assume that they would re-evaluate what he's paying in CS for all of his kids so each child is getting a fair amount.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    They are not going to go in & re-evaluate or alter the cs for the ones who already have an order just b/c he knocked up someone else and they want it to be equal. I mean, that's like right. You are generally getting the leftovers. Maybe it's different in different states but that has been my experience.

• Options

Every state is different.  I highly suggest you speak w legal aid (which could potentially be free of charge for a lawyer or they can also use a sliding scale pay) or consult w an attorney.  Most offer free 30 min consultations.  

This guy sounds like he's trying to bully you.  Don't fall for it; your best interest is in your child, and you need the courts to decide the amount.  You need to set up a C.O. asap.   

• Options

I live in Illinois and the first child gets 20% and each subsequent child gets 20% of whatever is left over. So for example if the Dad makes $500 a week, the first child would get 20% of the $500 ($100). So the next child would get 20% of $400 ($80).

Now sure how it works in your state, but that is how it works in Illinois. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"