Military Families

debate..

2»

Re: debate..

• Well... That flights about 4 hours. If you do go into labor in the air...and dont have a really fast labor, I'm sure that getting medical help wont be an issue... And, in the movies you know there is always a doctor traveling as a passenger on the airplane... (that was a joke)

ask a doctor and maybe they can make you feel more comfortable about it weigh your pros and your cons.... 

And I dont think your question is silly. I think its valid and really a good question to ask... :) 

• imageJ+MS:
    imageWishIcouldbeinthe'stan:
    imageJ+MS:
    imageWishIcouldbeinthe'stan:
    imagenewmommy111710:

But parents do not think I should go 

I'm genuinely not saying this meanly, but you have to listen to them. You're still a juvenile (legally speaking).  

Actually in California the age of 16 is majority.

I just did a quick google to be sure, but check out California Family Code Section 6501. 

An adult is an individual who is 18 years of age or older. 

Ah they must have changed it recently. It's 17 in Louisiana.

Did you miss the part where OP said she's in California? Or did you miss geography when they taught that California is a state and Louisiana is a different state? Or maybe your school didn't offer U.S. Government classes, where you learn basic things like different states have different laws. High school wasn't that long ago, you should remember these things...or use Google.
    Twin boys due 7/25/12
  • Loading the player...
  • I agree with everyone that says not to go. With my first my water broke at 37 weeks, there were no signs of labor leading up to that. I literally gave birth 4 hours later, I was lucky to make it to the hospital. You would be risking a lot if you would go. Also, I would get a new OB if he would even consider letting you fly that far, that late in pregnancy. Your FI would understand, and if he doesn't then he has some more growing up to do.
    imageimage
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • You would have to lie to the airline about how far along you are, so no.  You shouldn't go.  Your doctor would be a complete and utter idiot to allow it as well.  You need to do what is best and healthiest for you and the baby, and that means that you need to stay put.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageManduhhMommie:

DH and I are flying home for christmas and I will be 37 weeks pregnant. As long as you have a healthy pregnancy and your doctor thinks nothing will go wrong, then go for it. I already talked to my doctor and as of now--I know things can change at any moment-- she says go for it. I say as long as you talk to the doctor and get a doctors note, then go.

I don't care how short a flight it is.  You and your doctor are both idiots for allowing this.  It doesn't matter how healthy a pregnancy is.  It can turn at any moment.  You can be fine up until that point and develop a blood clot.  You can be fine your whole pregnancy and then go into labor with no notice.  You can be fine and develop pre-e.  Let's not forget about the other passengers.  Let's say you do go into labor.  What will happen?  They will make an emergency landing if you aren't close enough to your destination.  Are you really that selfish that you can't just keep your ass at home?

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Nope. I would never fly at 37 weeks for ANY reason that I can fathom.  My first baby was born VERY unexpectedly at 35 weeks.  I woke up, my water broke, and I had a baby 12 hours later.  Pregnancy is unpredictable. 

imagelaurney:

Well... That flights about 4 hours. If you do go into labor in the air...and dont have a really fast labor, I'm sure that getting medical help wont be an issue... And, in the movies you know there is always a doctor traveling as a passenger on the airplane... (that was a joke)

ask a doctor and maybe they can make you feel more comfortable about it weigh your pros and your cons.... 

And I dont think your question is silly. I think its valid and really a good question to ask... :) 

laurney,

Since you have asked the doctor about being healthy enough to travel, have you asked them about Tricare's insurance restrictions?  If you go into labor over Christmas at your parent's house you will NOT be covered by Tricare.  That is a serious issue.  One your doctor cannot control.  One that could land you with a HUGE bill (especially if you or your baby needed special care like a c-section or a NICU).

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"