Health & Exercise
Options

Safety, half and TTC???

Okay, heres a little history....I have always wanted to try my hand at a half marathon. I've been training for about two months and actually registered and paid for it yesterday! HOWEVER...we are TTC as well. Are there any thoughts, or concerns I should have for running a lot and TTC?

And, if I were to get pregnant right away, any thoughts on continuing to run?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Safety, half and TTC???

• Options

TTCing and running shouldn't cause any problems.  I found out I was pg with my 2nd 2 weeks after my half marathon.  I've also had a friend find out just after her first half marathon that she was pg.  

Depending on when your 1/2 is and how pg you will be will determine how you can do the race.  You may end up taking it easy if you're pg when you do the race.  I ran through my pregnancy but it was definitely slower and I didn't try long distances.  I do know people who race while pg, I guess it'll depend on how you feel. 

• Options

I agree with tri-reader. TTC should not be an issue. I got pregnant two weeks after I ran a full marathon.

I ran through my entire pregnancy and actually ran the Boston marathon at 25 weeks pregnant. I took about an hour more than my usual pace but I took it really easy, walked a lot and also stopped several times to rest/ go to the restroom etc. But it was my 30th marathon, so I am really used to it. It's probably not the best time to significantly increase your running while you are pregnant.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I trained for my first marathon while TTC and got pregnant 2 weeks after the marathon. After I found out (3 days after), I ran another marathon and I plan to complete a half in Oct, at 21 weeks PG. You will naturally slow your pace and effort once you get PG, but there is no reason you can't run and race gently! GL on the TTC and training :)
    imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I ran my first half at 10 weeks pregnant.  I went slower than I would have otherwise, but I felt good  :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"