Hawaii Babies
Options

vomiting and TMI

So I woke up two nights ago at 3am with diarrhea and then last night I woke up at 245 am with diarrhea AND vomiting! When I had my check up I asked about having so much diarrhea and she said "well most women get constipated and some go the other way"... So now today, I've been throwing up and having diarrhea since 245 am and I called the OB office at 845 am to see what I should do if anything. They said they placed a call to the RN and she would call me back. I took a nap (bella's a day care THANK GOD! Because I was suposed to work today) and then woke up to throwing up and diarrhea again. I can't keep water or sprite down and my stomach is in knots. It hurts like hell! So I called AGAIN at 1140 am and they said "oh we'll mark it urgent and she should call you, are you pregnant?" UH YES lady, I told you that the first time I called. This time I said "I'm a nurse and I'm seriously concerned that I'm getting dehydrated because I can't keep anything down"... she said "oh she'll call you right away"... now another hour has passed and still nothing... Debating to call again or drive myself to their ER for some IV fluids. I feel like $hit!

On a side note: DH and I ate exactly the same thing last night and he's totally fine. I didn't think "morning" sickness would make you vomit ALL.DAY.LONG...  

Re: vomiting and TMI

• Options

Mine seems to be going the other way and it just hurts sometimes.

I'm so sorry you are having such a rough time this go around :(  I have had that happen to me (when I wasn't pregnant) and it's the worst feeling ever :(  I think I would just drive myself down to the ER to get some fluids, especially since water and Sprite can't stay down. 

Feel better, I'm so sorry :(

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    | Olowalu, Maui ~ August 6, 2008 |
    | Family of 4 ~ April 2, 2011 |
    | Family of 5 - October 24, 2012 |
  • Options

I hope you're doing better by now!

I just wanted to say that while I had no nausea/vomiting, I had a problem with diarrhea the first and second trimesters.  Horrible!  They did tell me I could take Immodium for it, but it sounds like you have something more than just morning sickness going on.  I hope you get a call back soon!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

awww sarah...

yeah it sucks! i have the constipation and the hg. i've been at home for the past 2 weeks. =( get to the hospital if you can. the fluids help me out a lot! =)

i'll be thinking of you =)

D started out as a LUCKY CHARM but ended up being our LOVEBUG image
    hawaii 10.2008 plan ;P married bio ???
  • Options
    Sounds like you may be on the verge of hyperemesis too. Really sucks...so sorry to year you're going through this. I went for 2 days without retaining fluids and I was so parched that I couldn't sleep. Definitely try to get the IV hydration soon cuz it helps a ton. Hope you feel better soon!
    Sept 2008 Wedding | May 2010 & Mar 2012 Babies
  • Options

Thanks ladies! The nurse called me back 30 mins after I posted and told me to go in. I ended up at the ER for 7 1/2 hours, 2 bags of IV fluids, iv zofran and IV pepcid. Not fun to say the least but at least it picked me up a little bit. They gave me a prescription for zofran and told me to pick up zantac and eat a bland diet for 3-4 days. I still feel really tired. 

They did say it was morning sickness AND a virus and the two combined just amplified and made it all worse it.. hopefully it'll all pass soon.  

• Options
    eesh, doesn't sound like that was a fun day - but i'm glad you're feeling at least a little bit better!!  hope the zofran and zantac and bland diet help - I hope that was the worst of it!
  • Options
    oh man...that sounds rough!! glad you got to the ER & they were able to make you feel better.  hopefully you are past it now & smooth sailing from here on out!!
    imageLilypie Second Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

glad you are feeling better - that sounds miserable.

I once read that PG people are more susceptible to "bad" food/reactions than others as a protection mechanism for the baby.  So there was one time I got sick (outside of the MS period) and DH was totally fine - I just chalked it up to my body being overly protective.

• Options
    imageMauiWedding08:

I once read that PG people are more susceptible to "bad" food/reactions than others as a protection mechanism for the baby.  So there was one time I got sick (outside of the MS period) and DH was totally fine - I just chalked it up to my body being overly protective.

i've heard this too.  especially wrt sushi - that bad raw fish wouldn't actually hurt the baby, but that a pg woman is more susceptible to getting sick from raw fish than a non-pg woman.  not 100% sure that's true, but that's what i've heard from a few different people!

• Options
    imageSanHawaii08:
    imageMauiWedding08:

i've heard this too.  especially wrt sushi - that bad raw fish wouldn't actually hurt the baby, but that a pg woman is more susceptible to getting sick from raw fish than a non-pg woman.  not 100% sure that's true, but that's what i've heard from a few different people!

Weird, I've never heard this until I was in the ER last night from the Dr there and then from you ladies. DH was totally fine but I was not. We had yellow curry that I cooked so I know everything was fully cooked (shrimp, carrots, onions, potatoes and rice)... I'm still having a really upsat stomach and just took a zofran, we'll see if that helps.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"