Multiples

How often do you get ultrasounds with twins??

I?m curious?going in next Thursday for my 16th week appointment and there is a possibility I won't be getting an u/s L. Something about the babies not measuring but 15 weeks,  6 days then and they like to wait until at least 16 weeks to be able to clearly tell what the sexes are. How often did you receive u/s during your twin pregnancy? Of course, all of this information was from a nurse and I am a new patient. The doctor could order one?I don?t so much care about the sexes (even though I want to know) but I want to see them again!!

Late twin loss at 19 weeks on September 24, 2010. Lincoln Perry, my rainbow baby, born June 15, 2012. You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother's womb. Psalms 139:13 Baby Birthday  Ticker Ticker

Re: How often do you get ultrasounds with twins??

• I got one at 12 weeks and will have my next one at 18 weeks for the anatomy scan. Then my MFM does one a month until 28 weeks and then one every two weeks until you deliver,.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I've had more than ten at this point. I had one at 16w 5d. It surprises me that they would base whether or not to do an u/s on whether or not they can determine the sexes. That's usually not a priority for them, compared to size, fluid, anatomy, etc.

GL!

• Loading the player...
  • I will have one every month up until 28 weeks, then I'll have them every 2 weeks until delivery.  
    Mom to Boy/Girl twins born 8/2005 (IUI+inj.) 1st IVF= failed 11/2009 (IVF) Lost identical twins 3/10 (FET #1)Early m/c 6/2010 (FET #2) Twin Boys! Born 3/21/2011 @ 36w3d
  • 8 weeks - FOUND TWINS!

12 weeks - With special u/s tech

12 weeks - in office just as a quick check of heartbeats

18 weeks - with special u/s tech, FOUND OUT GENDERS - 1 BOY & 1 GIRL!, checked cervix - 5 and fully closed

24 weeks - with special u/s tech

25 weeks - in office, full anatomy scan, checked cervix - 5 and fully closed

I am supposed to get one every month now, but I am going at 30ish weeks and don't have one schedule as of right now.  I imagine I will get one and then maybe another one in a couple more weeks.  They have to check their growth.

• I had one every week.

After 2 rounds of IVF & 2 rounds of FET, we were blessed with identical twin girls!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I go once a month to the peri, and they perform a very extensive u/s each time (measure babies in great detail).  Since that data is sent to my OB, I haven't gotten an u/s at the OB in a couple of months... just heard their h/b.  My OB does them at every appt, but I'm on rotation now, so the u/s are fewer.  At the beginning (before I felt babies) I'm glad I was getting them 2x a month... now I know they are good, as I feel them quite often.  :)
    -- Jackie
    "If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • U/S at the MFM office: 12w, 20w, 24w, 28w, 32w, not sure after that

I see the OB once a week and they use the doppler, check my BP, check my urine, & check my cervix.

jailbirds Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Wow. It will literally be over two months that I haven't had an ultrasound at this next appointment. Now that doesn't seem so normal! My last one was at eight weeks, five days when we first discovered twins.
    Late twin loss at 19 weeks on September 24, 2010. Lincoln Perry, my rainbow baby, born June 15, 2012. You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother's womb. Psalms 139:13 Baby Birthday  Ticker Ticker
  • 6 wks with RE- found out its twins

9 wks with OB - viability check

12 wks with MFM- NT Scan

14 wks with MFM- cervical check

17 wks with MFM- cervical check

20 wks with MFM- Level II Anatomy scan and cervical check

22 wks with MFM- cervical check

24 wks with MFM- Growth scan and cervical check.

I will have a cervical check at 26 wks- that will be the last one.  Then at 28wks and 32 wks I will have a Growth scan.  So far that is all that I have scheduled.  Oh and I don't have any cervical issues (mine always measures between 4.5 to 5 )- they are just very cautious.

• I got one around 6w (when we discovered the twins), 17w, 23w, 28w, 32w, 34w, and 37w.  My OB wouldn't do an U/S more than every 3w b/c of the human error on measurement (so they could say that the babies didn't grow at all or actually got smaller in size).  There may have been others in there, but that's the best I can remember.
  • 12 week- Found out it's TWINS!

16 week- Growth scan and cervical u/s, found out Baby A was a girl!

20 week- Level 2 u/s Anatomy scan and cervical, found out Baby B, also a girl!

24 week- Growth scan and cervical u/s.

28 week- Growth scan

32 week- Growth scan

34 week- Growth scan and Amniotic Fluid check.

35 week- AFI check

36 week- Growth Scan and AFI check

37 week- AFI check

• My OB did an u/s at every appointment.  Her practice does that for all multiple pgs.

• Once they found out (at 11w5d) that I was having twins, I got a u/s at every single visit. Throughout most of pregnancy I would get a transvaginal u/s to check my cervix and then an abdominal u/s to check on the babies. The anatomy scan (aka "the big u/s") was at 20w.
    fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • I had my first u/s at 6w because of spotting. That's when we found out about the twins. After that I had my anatomy scan at 18w. I've had monthly growth scans since 25w. I only see my OB and I haven't been through fertility tx's or had previous losses.
  • Every 2wks with our OB (he does them himself) and then every 4wks with the Peri. Because of our previous miscarriages he wanted to monitor us more closely. We're going to be going to every week around 30wks with the ob.
    Married 6/30/07, TTC 9/07,Mc 12/07, Mc #2 10/8/09,Twin boys 11/30/10, seperated 8/11image
    "Our greatest glory isn't in never falling but in rising every time we fall"
    8/24/09 3rd cycle on 50mg Clomid= BFP 9/23/09 =10/8/09 m/c #2 at 6wks 2days 3/9/10 4th Cycle on 50mg Clomid = BFP 4-5-10 200mg prometrium 2xdaily 1st beta/progesterone 10dpo=43 2nd beta 13dpo=339 u/s 4/16=5wks 3days single visible sac and fetal pole h/b 4/28=Suprise it's Twins! 150 and 127 bpm Labor Buddy to Sonadora and Strunella
    cleaning2
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Craft Blog *~* Loss/Pg Blog: PM me if you'd like to read along *~*Bfp Chart imageimage
  • I had one every 4 wks
    image Nicholas Jacob born on 06/30/2009, 9.5lbs and 21 1/4" long Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Joshua Scott 5.3lbs & Jonathan Matthew 6.2lbs, born 08/31/10 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I've had 4 total so far. We suspected twins at an 8w u/s, and then I had to go back to confirm it a few days later. I've had 2 more since then and was asked to schedule another for 6 weeks from now.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I get one with every visit. I see either the OB or Peri at least every 2 weeks.
  • imageshegak:
    I will have one every month up until 28 weeks, then I'll have them every 2 weeks until delivery.  

This is basically what we have had but I have gone in for 2 special ones so that places me right around an ultrasound on average every 2 weeks.  At 28 weeks, I start the every two week probably until about 32 weeks and then weekly.  It basically will mimic my OB/MFM appts from here on out.

DH-NOA confirmed with TESE, ME-Unexplained After 1 Miscarriage, 6 IUI's, our little miracles are here. Proud Parents of Twins. Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    We're Finally Three
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"