Orange County Babies
Options

Potty Training - Did you do this?

DD doesn't ever really want to sit on the potty (even when treats are involved). So I thought the best way to potty train is to just put panties on her instead of a diaper and try to guide her though it. When she gets wet, I'll show her what she has to do. I think she could figure it out. But I'm wondering if anyone has done potty training this way and what was the experience?

Thanks!!

Re: Potty Training - Did you do this?

• Options
    We didn't but Gerber makes these training pants that might help minimize your mess.  Unlike pull up-type diapers, these don't absorb.
    forcing sisterly love since 07.06.10
  • Options
    When we were at home, we let DD walk around in her Potty Patty panties only, but we also had to pair that with some very routinely scheduled potty breaks.  I learned that I needed to set the timer for every 30-45 minutes when I first started.  When we finally committed to this routine strictly for a few days, it worked.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm glad someone asked about this!  I can't get DD to sit on the potty at all, and I wasn't sure what to do about it.  I would wait to start potty training, but she also has started taking her diapers off.
  • Options
    The 3 day PT program is all the rage over on the PT board.  I didn't follow the method but it does have some helpful hints.  I had one of the girls email it to me and I can pass it along, let me know if you are interested. 
  • Options

AUGS - sure, please forward. I'm not sure what it is, but I wouldnt mind reading.

ivri76 at hotmail dot com.

THANKS!

• Options

Augs, please send it to me, too.  kristelrobin at gmail dot com.

Thanks!

• Options
    You both have emails.  I'm sorry it took a couple days.
  • Options

DS had no interest in the potty, so we started out by setting a timer.  We asked him to sit on the potty and gave him one treat for trying and two if he actually went.  Treats were small dried fruit snacks, but im sure anything small, or even stickers if your child is interested in them would work.  

He didn't have any accidents after the first day, and we started going in undies overnight after a week and he's only had 3 or 4 accidents during naps/overnight since we started and its been 9 months.  

We stopped doing treats after about 2 months when he was able to consistently go on his own without any reminders. 

Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker
    Home Birthing-Breastfeeding-Cloth Diapering-Baby Wearing-CoSleeping-Delayed/Selective Vaccination Mama to Charlie (5yrs) and Madeline (21mos)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"