Baby Showers

Meet the baby party - theme?

Hi ladies. A few girlfriends and I are throwing a meet the baby shower party for our friend who lives out of state. We think we would like to have a theme, but aren't sure what to chose. Liam will be about 2 weeks old. I'm going to put on the invitations that no presents are necessary, but that Liam can always use more diapers (they've already had a large shower and we've purchased the last 2 things on their registry for them as a surprise). What would a cute theme be? Can we do something with diapers? Or should we just stick to baby blue? I've never thrown a shower and the girls I am co-hosting with don't have many ideas either. Any ideas are welcome! Thanks!
Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Joe and Ashley ~ June 16, 2007 ~ Olivia Rae ~ May 12, 2008 ~ 9:06 pm ~ 8lbs 4oz ~ 20.5 inches ~ Miscarriage of twins ~ April 16, 2009 at 6 weeks. ~ Surprise BFP 6/23/09 13DPO ~ Eleanor Rose ~ February 18, 2010 ~ 6lbs 15oz ~ 20 inches ~ Caroline Ruth ~ February 19, 2013 ~ 6lbs 12 oz ~ 19 1/4 inches

Our family is complete!

Re: Meet the baby party - theme?

• is she coming into town w/ the baby for everyone to actually meet?

If presents arent' expected, then call it a party, not a "shower".  The inherent meaning of "shower" is to shower the mom-to-be w/ presents.

And if presents aren't expected, DO NOT say "oh, but bring diapers if you really want to bring something.". 

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• well you can stick to a DIAPER theme ! if you and your girlfriends hosting the party and if you want to make a few center pieces you can make a diaper cake as a center piece and pull balloons through the middle! and decorate the diaper cake with pacifiers and small baby washes and stuff! i dont know just an idea! : ) good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"