D.C. Area Babies
Options

Recommend good bakeries for 1st bday cake near FC

I am thinking of Harris Teeter or Giant (or maybe BJ's if they do cakes?) but if anyone else has any recommendations, please let me know.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Recommend good bakeries for 1st bday cake near FC

• Options
    we did Harris Teeter and the cake was yummy- plus we got the mini cake for DD.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

If you are going with a grocery store, Wegman's has the best cakes by far.  They're mixed fruit filling with whipped cream icing is really good. 

If you are looking for a bakery - Natalia's Elegant Creations in downtown Falls Church and Pastry Xpo in Merrifield (it's in the back of the new buildings on Gallows Road next to Four Sisters and behind XSport Fitness) have the best local cake that I've tasted.   

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageHey Jellisy:

If you are going with a grocery store, Wegman's has the best cakes by far. 

This.  I got DD's 2nd birthday cake from Wegman's having no clue how good it was.  We order the smallest one we could thinking it would be way too much - it feeds 18-20 people - and it was pretty much gone at the end of the party.  We only had 15 people total.  We got a marble cake, with whipped cream icing and chocolate ganache.  I had two pieces and I am NOT a cake person at all - I can usually pass up cake with no problem.

• Options
    I have to go with Wegmans too, they are so yummy!
  • Options
    Another option is Costco. ?They have a 1/2 sheet cake for $15. ?In my option it's huge! They do a bunch of different designs and shapes. ?It's a really yummy cake, cheap, and feeds a LOT of people. ?If you don't want to do cake, they do lots of big cupcakes as well.?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"