D.C. Area Babies

daycare questions

Can someone give me an idea on what daycare would roughly cost for 2 children in this area?  Also, it's looking like I have to go back to work and go back right now (meaning, as soon as the paperwork goes through) what's the best way to find an immediate daycare spot that I would feel at ease leaving my two loved ones with.  (I'm crying as I'm typing this.)
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC #1 Cycle #18 m/c Jan. 9, 2007, chemical pg May 4, 2007, methotrexate shot Oct. 5, 2007--m/c Oct. 9, 2007, IUI Nov. 17, 2007 It worked! beta 11/30 & 12/6 TTC #2 Cycle #5 IUI July 20, 2009 -BFN 8-3-09 Cycle #6 IUI August 17, 2009-BFP! 8-31-09, beta 9-1-09, 9-8-09, saw the H/B 9-22-09 EDD 5-10-10

Re: daycare questions

• I'm sorry to hear this!!!  It seems like the route to getting daycare quickly is to go the in-home daycare route.

I hope you find something good...  :(

NestBaby Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • https://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/childcare/search/ This is how we found ours. They are all in-home, which is probably your best option given the urgency of your situation (and it will probably be cheaper too).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm so sorry! When we had our kids in daycare we were at an inhome so its typically cheaper than a center and it was about $380/week for both kids.
  • Sorry you have to rush to find something! I would look into infant-toddler for in-home care (since you are in Falls Church/Fairfax County). The current rates are on their website.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Oh I am so sorry you are going through this.  How incredibly stressful.  You kind of always want your decisions to be your own and not forced by circumstance.  Although the latter ones are never as terrible as we think they are going to be.  Infant Toddler will vary by the number of hours but we pay a little over a $1000 a month for one child (their maximum). 

• I am so sorry you are having to make a decision you are not happy with. Daycare was hard for us at first, but I also really enjoy my job and work with all of my good friends, so that helped. We also have an in home provider we love, which is key I think, that wherever you end up you are happy. That being said, if you have to start something quickly remember you can always make a change if it doesn't feel right.

I have one at an in home in Woodbridge and pay $960 a month.

I think I remember that you are a teacher? Are you going back to that? If so I am a teacher too and think it is a great schedule for a working mom.

Good Luck!

Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Oh dear, this must be so tough.  I'm sorry.

I think the only way to find daycare fast for the baby is in-home or nanny, in-home being of course far cheaper.  For the older one, preschool/daycare may not be out of the question since the school year has not started yet - slots are a lot more available for older kids than for infants (as we all know for infants there is often a ridiculously long wait list). 

We pay roughly $1900 a month for DD#2 who goes to an in-home DCP and DD #1 who is in a full day Montessori preschool.  I'd figure on at least around that for two in daycare in this area. 

Start scoping out options by using the searches available on the VA Dept of Social Services as well as the Fairfax County Office for Children. 

And here's the spreadsheet with lots of resource links at the bottom:

https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=0Aj1JxqE0aW0JcDZMaFhsTkk5RmRVMmNWeTBrQ05aZVE&hl=en&output=html

Wife, Musician, Fed, WW-er, and Mom of three little kids - not necessarily in that order.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"