Maryland Babies
Options

Port Discovery?

Hi ladies, I normally post on the DC board but am popping over here for your help. Today's Groupon is $6 tickets ot Port Discovery (as opposed to $13) and I'm thinking of buying it.

We have family in Baltimore, so we come up regularly and every time we drive by PD, I say we need to take DD there one day. She is almost two and it looks like something she'd enjoy.

Do you think two is too young for PD? Any other feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!

Photobucket

Re: Port Discovery?

• Options
    I've never been (DS is only 4months) but I've heard a lot of people say it's great to go when your child is 5+yrs.
    Dylan Gabriel 04/29/10 Aiden Drake 04/28/12
  • Options
    I think it's a little too young for 2. I took DD when she was a little after 3, and there were some activities for her, like storytime, but she could enjoy the whole place if she was older. And the noise and activity caused a lot of melt down issues. A lot of it, most of it, was for older kids. The only place she really enjoyed was the "oasis" area which is all the stuff I could do at a local library storytime for free.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Personally, at your dd's age I would wait for one of the family nights that Target sponsors once a month and take her then.  There is a room just for the little people (I have taken my son when he was around 9 months and had a ball).  I feel that $2 per person is great but I wouldn't want to pay more than that until he gets older.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

We got a family membership there when DD turned 2 (she's 2.5 now) and we use it all the time.  We actually like the reciprocity part of it...we've been to the brand new Delaware Children's Museum (which is the same distance to us as Port Discovery is and free parking!) and we've used it at other children's museums when we're traveling.  It's paid off for us multiple times over with that feature!

My 2 yo loves all parts of Port Discovery...I don't think it's geared to 5+ only.  She loves shopping in the Royal Farms, loves the Water Room, climbs all over the playground.  We tend to go on the weekends in the early AM when it opens as it gets pretty rowdy and crowded in the PM.  On the weekdays I imagine it's even better with less crowds! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"