Baby Names

Names that end in -belle

I've been searching through some, and I still can't decide if I like them or not.

Annabelle

Isabelle

Arabelle

Clarabelle

Mirabelle

Christabelle

(Any others you know of?)

Are they classic or cutesy? Opinions...?

VOTE on my Name List

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Names that end in -belle

• I love Isabelle and Clarabelle. I've heard of Louabelle.but i like the ones above much better.
  • Most are classic I think.  My favorites are Annabelle, Isabelle, and Christabel (I like it spelled this way though, like in the book Possession :-)).  There's nothing wrong with Clarabelle and Mirabelle, but they sound a bit more cutesy to me.
    CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

Angel Baby: 5/29/08

• Loading the player...
  • I love names that end in belle.. i think they're super cute.. and can always be shortened to fit the child as they are growing up.

I have to say though, I have no idea why, but the name Isabelle, drives me nuts. I like Annabelle, Mirabelle, and something about Clarabelle is wicked cute too.

Married DH 5/28/08
    DS Born 4/13/11
    DD Born 3/38/15

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• The only -belle name I like is plain ol' Belle or Anabelle but here are some others:

Maribelle
    Rosabelle

• imagemissamERICA:

I have to say though, I have no idea why, but the name Isabelle, drives me nuts.

I don't like Isabelle, either. I think it's because DH, who is a Hebrew scholar, told me that Jezebel is pronounced "is-AH-bel" in Hebrew. I had a class with the Hebrew prof when I was in college, and he told us that the name Jezebel enters our language through the name Isabel.

Even if it doesn't actually have that connection, I think the NN "Izzy" is awful on a girl (or a boy...), and something about the name just sounds sinister to me.

VOTE on my Name List

Pregnancy Ticker

• Mehitabel ?

OK it isn't "elle" but its unusual! 

• I love them! I love Annabelle the most. What about simple "Belle" ? That is adorable too! My name is Jasmine and I've been called "Jazzybelle," LOL. 
    BabyFruit Ticker   AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Love Annabelle!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagehomediva:
    I love them! I love Annabelle the most. What about simple "Belle" ? That is adorable too! My name is Jasmine and I've been called "Jazzybelle," LOL. 

If our last name wasn't one syllable, we would totally do that.

VOTE on my Name List

Pregnancy Ticker

• I'm not a fan of any of them, except for the name Isabel (this spelling).
    S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

• Clarabelle is my grandmother's milk cow's name, so I can't get behind that one for a person.  The others are nice.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Married 1/2/99.
    TTC since 4/09.
    Diagnosed PCOS. Diagnosed Hypothryoid 11/09.
    SHG & SA normal. PCOS Research study started 5/10.
    Clomid/Femara cycle #1 - 6/10 = BFN
    Clomid/Femara cycle #2 - 7/10 = BFP #1 - Missed miscarriage 9/2/10
    11/12 - BFP #2 - 11/22 - m/c
    5/1/11 - BFP #3 - Pre-eclampsia, IUGR & bed rest from 32w. DD born via induction 1/4/12.
  • I know a little girl name Arabella, and I always thought it was cute. It's not a "belle" ending, but it's close.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm not a fan of names ending in Belle. They do seem a bit too cutesy for my taste. I don't think they age well either. Although I do like Isabel but only spelled this way. I typically like shorter more simpler names though.
  • I'm only including legitimate names, but there are some other crazed -belle inventions:

Adabelle (ay-da-belle)

Amabelle (am-ah-belle=a as in apple)

Corabelle

Elizabelle (could be Ell-is-ah-belle or E-lyze-ah-belle)

Evabelle (ee-vah-belle or ayv-ah-belle)

Hannabelle

Marabelle (mair-ah-belle).

Maybelle

Sarabelle

Are you opposed to names that begin with and/or contain -bel instead?

Bellefleur was once a very popular name in France and I think it's surprisingly pretty. Also Sabella, Bellarosa and Belrose,

• I love Isabelle and Arabelle. I have a friend with a DD named Arabella, I always think that's a beautiful name.
  • I like Annabelle and Arabelle and Mirabelle. I dislike Clarabelle (there's a cow in Disney animation named Claribel), Isabelle is too popular - I think it was #1 for 2009, and Christabelle doesn't sound very good at all.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Married since 06/19/2004|Anna born 11/19/2006|Charles born 11/1/11
    Double undergrad graduation May 2011| Me: Psychology, DH: Communication| A long journey!
    <a href="http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b268/gussiebutt/?action=view
  • The -belle names are too trendy for my taste, and most of them remind me of cows, whereas the -bella names remind me of diseases.

It reminds me of the -ayden trend. Any group of letters can be paired with it to make your very own personalized mix-and-match version of the trend.

I am sad to say that I even saw a "Bellatrix" go across the screen while viewing the Nameberry list of "Names being viewed right now" <shudder>.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"