Toddlers: 24 Months+

Skip Toddler bed?

Anyone skip the "toddler bed" and go right to a twin or full?

Our crib converts but....

We're thinking about using our spare full bed (without the frame) so it would be very low the ground. It would save us yet another transition down the road b/c we'd want to use our crib for any new additions.

thoughts?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Skip Toddler bed?

• We did. He went from a crib to a twin when he turned two, and had no issues with it. Our crib is also a convertible, but we just wanted him to have a more "grown" boy look to his room, and the twin would suit that f
    Plus-- we wanted him to have a bed he could grow easily with so we wouldn't have to be tearing down his convertible bed in a few months and buying a twin anyways. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I would skip it.  We moved DD#1 to a full size bed (with a rail) before her baby sis came along at 2.5.  I agree, it saves you a transition down the road.  My DD did awesome with her transition- we made a huge deal about her being a big girl & she thought she was supa cool.
  • Loading the player...
  • We went straight to a twin when DD1 turned two. We have a convertible crib, but knew we'd need it for DD2 a few months later. 

We got bed rails for her bed and that has helped her not fall out much. The first week was a bit rough as she learned that she had to stay in her room/bed at bedtime, but after that it was smooth sailing. 

DD1, 1/5/2008 ~~~ DD2, 3/17/2010
  • We are. Our crib converts as well. DD has been sleeping with us for the summer & we need to transition her to her room again. I figure if I have to lay down w/ her at night before she falls asleep I couldn't do it in a toddler bed. So we got a twin.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I dont see anything wrong with skipping a toddler bed, especially if you had to buy one (I know you said your crib converts). Our crib converts too, but we're not sure what we're going to do yet. It's a transition no matter what size bed it is. 
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We skipped it. Our crib converts as well but we had #2 on the way and wanted to use the crib. So we went straight to a twin bed. DD loves it! I agree, why transition to a toddler bed, only to have to transition AGAIN to a bigger bed down the road. We just got railings to keep her from falling out.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I wish we would of skipped a toddler bed & went straight to a twin bed!  Our crib converts but we didn't end up converting it.. we found a toddler bed on sale at Target so we bought that!  So DD is now in a toddler bed & has been since she was 18 months old.. I guess soon enough we will upgrade to a twin bed but for now the toddler bed is working out fine!
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"