Blended Families
Options

Fight in front of SS

I am so angry with DH over it.

I'll start by saying yes I did scrape the bumper of DH car.  I am already annoyed with myself and upset about it.  To cut a long story short, leaving SS football match yesterday another parent and I passed really close but I did not realize that we had scrapped bumpers.  DH was behind me in his work truck and SS was with him.

We had agreed to meet at a local restaurant for dinner after the match and I parked on the street.  DH pulled up alongside me, put his window down to survey the damage and BOTH he and SS began to shout out the window.. 'look at the car, look at the scrape on the bumper'.  I was so annoyed.

We went into the restaurant where, in front of SS, DH began to 'give out to me' about the scrape.  SS attempted to come to my defense by saying 'it wasn't really her fault daddy she didn't do it on purpose' but DH was on a roll and snapped at him ' yes it was her fault she should have pulled in.

Way to go DH - drag the kid right in to it.

I never spoke through all of this and neither SS nor I ordered anything to eat in the restaurant.  It made for an uncomfortable time.  We left and went home.  After SS went to bed last night I had it out with DH, I was so furious with him.  I did apologize for scraping the car but how dare he speak down to me like that, then to do it in public AND in front of SS.  He apologized and said he knows he should not have done any of that, not only giving out to me like I was a child but to actually involve SS in it.

I am still p!ssed plus there is a big scrape on the bumper.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Fight in front of SS

• Options

What is it with men and cars?  Yea my DH worries about every little scratch and dent too. 

• Options

This is sometimes a hard one for us too, to not argue in front of ss. It'll be even harder as DD gets older because she's always there! But...I'm going to say you apologized about the car, and he apologized about the fight, so I would leave it alone this time. Now if it becomes a regular thing then that's different. I also think he should apologize to ss for snapping at him.

Sorry about your car! Sad

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    That sucks about the bumper.  But tell your DH that he needs to apologize in front of SS so that SS learns how to apologize when he makes mistakes.
    Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08
  • Options

imageLittlejen22:
    That sucks about the bumper.  But tell your DH that he needs to apologize in front of SS so that SS learns how to apologize when he makes mistakes.

Agree 100%

• Options

imageLittlejen22:

This. SS needs to know that married couples argue/fuss/fight, but he also see you make up. It makes for a very health image of relationships.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"