Special Needs
Options

New with a question or two -- seizure/Epilepsy

This is my first post on this particular board.  My dd is 27 months and has been having seizures for the past 5 months. No real pattern, we usually get anywhere from 5 days to 2 weeks between seizures. We did have a 3 week stretch but that ended with a seizure @ her birthday party.  She is currently taking Trileptal 5.5ml, Keppra 7ml & Clobazam 2.5mg all 2x daily.  We are blessed in the fact that she has had no delays & is ahead developmentally.  She has has 2 short eeg's, a ct scan & MRI all which were normal. She has also had a PET scan which showed several areas of epileptic activity.  Bloodwork is all normal.

So my first question is if anyone else has a child on any of these meds? And if so any info good or bad, would be appreciated.  Also we are doing a 24 video EEG tomorrow, I have packed a few new toys, books, crayons, markers DVD's laptop, favorite snacks & toys. Any advice on how to get through those 24 hours with a very active toddler & keep my sanity intact?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: New with a question or two -- seizure/Epilepsy

• Options

My son is on Keppra and we have had good results with it-- no seizures on it. All of them have some risk of delays, but since your daughter did not start needing them until after age 2, maybe it won't be such a big deal. Plus, like you said, she is ahead of the game! :)

We have not done the 24 hr EEG-- good luck tomorrow and let us know how it goes. :) 

• Options
    My DD is currently on Keppra and has been on it since 5 months old. It took about 5 months on the medicine till her seizures were under control. We have had a good experience with Keppra. My DD seems a little delayed with gross motor skills but it is hard to say if it is from the medicine. We have never had a 24 hour EEG but I wanted to say good luck. I can imagine how hard it is with a toddler this age!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Thanks for the replies.  Everything has gone very well. Kara's done amazingly well throught the process, and we are now just waiting for the Neuro's to do rounds & then she will be discharged. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"