Health & Exercise
Options

Already putting on pounds!

I am really frustrated!!  I am not even 6 weeks along yet and I have already put on a few pounds.  This is the same thing that happened with my first pregnancy and I ended up putting on nearly 60 pounds....  I have not changed anything... i keep a daily record of everything I eat, the calories I consume and my daily work-out routines....  I definitely feel super bloated so I am sure this has something to do with it... but when I try and get advice from my doctor they just tell me to stay away from sodium, fatty meats and junk food... DUH!!!!  if they looked at my journal, nothing of that sort ever enters my body!!  ANy recommendations????  I know weight gain is normal, but putting on the pounds this early is really worrying me... last time all that extra weight lead to high blood pressure and major swelling...  SHould I consult a dietician??  

Re: Already putting on pounds!

• Options
    Try not to worry too much, maybe your body is just adjusting and it will level off. Have you been exercising? Are you eating enough calories? Have you tried drinking a ton of water? 
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

THanks for the encouragement... I do drink water all day long...even through the night...  I run 3 to 4 miles everyday plus alternate pilates and different strength work-outs about 4 days a week.  I eat between 1200 and 1400 calories a day.  I eat about 6 small meals a day... eating too much at once makes me sick, I feel much better through the day when I just eat smaller amounts every few hours.  A typical day consists of a luna bar or plain nonfat greek yogurt with a cup of berries for breakfast.  Sometimes I also like a slice of whole wheat low sugar toast with a 1/2 cup of lowfat cottage cheese.... lunch I usually make myself a salad with lots of veggies with light dressing.  Or I love quinoa mixed with tomatoes, black beans chick peas and fresh basil... Dinner tonight is lentil soup with carrots sweet potato onions zucchini and black beans.  Sweet tooth... I curb it with a tablespoon of natural pb and an apple or banana... or a squirt of reddi whip (sounds silly, but I love reddi whip!)  

• Options
    It sounds like you're doing everything right, as tough as it sounds you may just have to trust your body right now. The only thing I can think of is your calories sound pretty low, especially considering your workouts. You know best what works for your body, hang in there!
  • Options

I'm a part-time vegetarian sous chef, and have been for the last 3 years. I'm also a gardener and only eat fresh local organic produce and whole grains. Well, today I was shocked to learn that I gained ELEVEN pounds in one month. ELEVEN.

OB says I was only supposed to gain 4. Oops! haha So.. yes.. it happens, I guess! I'm blaming the dairy, since I love whole milk, yoghurt, cream cheese, and cheese in general.. Now I'm determined to get back to my ideal weight gain before I go too overboard and find it harder to get back. 

Fight it while it's still a fair fight, girlie! 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    PitaPata Cat tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"