2nd Trimester
Options

Need some advice - vaginal discharge (TMI)

I've noticed over the past couple of days that something's not quite right "down there". It's a little itchy and smelly and there's some thick, yellow discharge. There's also the occasional green, mucousy discharge. I'm thinking I might have a yeast infection but I'm not sure. I'm 15 weeks pregnant and this is my first pregnancy. I had some problems with bleeding in the first trimester so you can see why I'm a little concerned! Anyway, any advice would be great! Thanks.

Re: Need some advice - vaginal discharge (TMI)

• Options
    You've gotta douche that shiz.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageHyfagal:

Yes LOL.

I'm no help, but PP's reply was too funny.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    That's not normal...white/clear discharge is completely normal (and increases throughout pregnancy), but anything with odor and color is abnormal. It's probably either yeast or Bacterial Vaginosis (yellow/greenish d/c that is fishy smelling)...I'd see your OB asap for a culture to check...a uterine infection during pregnancy can cause PROM and early labor.
    Camryn Grace ~ July 6th, 2009 ~ 7lbs 9oz, 20.5" Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
    Brayden Richard Drew ~ December 20, 2010~7lbs 9oz, 20" Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    douching during pregnancy is not recommended .....but on that note I would call your ob.  I had a similar problem and it ended up being a bacterial infection.  They will just do a culture and if it is something they will give you something to help it.  sorry your uncomfortable.
    DD (8/12/09), DD (2/8/11)
    BFP 12/16/14| EDD 8/19/15 |MMC 1/15/15 (9 weeks 1 day)
  • Options
    You need to get your doctor to look at that because that isn't normal. A yeast infection can cause preterm labour like pps said. They'll give you some antibiotics to clear it up.
  • Options

imageg8orell:
    That's not normal...white/clear discharge is completely normal (and increases throughout pregnancy), but anything with odor and color is abnormal. It's probably either yeast or Bacterial Vaginosis (yellow/greenish d/c that is fishy smelling)...I'd see your OB asap for a culture to check...a uterine infection during pregnancy can cause PROM and early labor.

Agreed.  Call your doctor.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

imageHyfagal:

I just snorted.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I agree with other pp you need to go in asap get a culture taken.
  • Options

Sounds more like a bacterial infection than yeast. Definitely get to the doctor so you can get meds.

imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    1st post...hmmm....MUD??
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"