Secondary IF

Introduction and a question for runners

Hi, I'm just at the end of my 11th cycle trying after losing my last pregnancy at 22w so it's been a long road.  Last week we met with the RE to go over the tests and he said we could try some more on our own, or move on to IUI.  We aren't quite ready for the IUI and a trip I am going on plus a vacation we have planned in september prevents us from starting any earlier than october.  Until then we'll hope the hsg gives a little boost to our efforts. 

I'll admit, I'm pretty scared of going with clomid and IUI b/c although I really want 2 kids, I don't think I could handle 3.  I know the risks are low, but it does make it easier to not jump in right away.

I would also like to hear from any runners as to what instructions your RE gave you.  I had planned to do a 10k and a 15k race in November and I'm wondering if that will be a no go.  I could call and ask I'm sure, the office is great, I just hate sitting in cubeland where everyone hears your conversations.  Thanks!

Brenna Married 4.30.05

Mom to Teagan 4.11.07 and Cora 9.30.11

imageLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

D&E @ 22w 9.30.09 CMV infection BFP 10.15.10 C/P 4w4d

Re: Introduction and a question for runners

• I'm not a runner, so I can't help you there.  Just wanted to say good luck on your journey here - hopefully you'll post your BFP soon.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My RE did not give me any restrictions, except after the IUIs to stay our of hot tubs and no heating pads (in the abdomen area).

Good Luck. Sorry about your loss. 

One Beautiful Gift Delivered 11/08 One Beautiful Angel 8/10 4 Clomid/Ovidril/IUIs= Negative 2 Gonal F/Ovidril/IUIs= Negative Please Lord, I love this baby already, we are ready when You are.
  • Loading the player...
  • JMayJMay member

Welcome!

I'm not a runner, but I would guess that continuing to run would be a good thing, as it improves blood flow.  I would just stay off my feet around the time of any proceedures.  But, that's just my own idea!  =-)  GL to you!

Doriimage
    "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."

Miracle DD born 12.2005
    TTC #2 since Dec 2008 w/ PCOS
    ***P/SAIF Always Welcome***

Keep it Natural, Baby!
  • Thanks for the replies.  Focusing on races is one of the things that has really gotten me through the last year so I just got really freaked out at the possibility of needing to stop.  Hopefully my RE will be the same and won't stand in my way.  Then I just need to hope that the side effects of clomid won't either. 
    Brenna Married 4.30.05

Mom to Teagan 4.11.07 and Cora 9.30.11

imageLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

D&E @ 22w 9.30.09 CMV infection BFP 10.15.10 C/P 4w4d

• I'm not a runner, so I am no help there...sorry.  Just wanted to say welcome to this board, even though the circumstances we are here under stink, the support here is wonderful.  I hope your stay is short and sweet!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Doriimage
    "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."
  • Sorry for your loss. I am in the same boat as you, we don't want to do anything that might cause twins but really want another baby.

In terms of the running, my RE just told me to cut it back a bit, especially since I am underweight. I ran a marathon two weeks before I got pregnant with our daughter and plan to continue running marathons, but I am also really used to long distance running. Bottom line is, the REs just don't know the exact connection between exercise, low body fat, and fertility, so they err on the side of caution IMO.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"