Maryland Babies

Diaper recs?

We're slowly working through different brands of diapers, trying to find which we like the best... I'm running into a problem, though, because DS is so darn long and skinny (we call him our string bean) that diapers are often swimming on him.  We had no choice but to move up to size 1s, since we were having regular leaks w/NB size, and he's been wearing size 1s for almost a month now, but we often end up w/the tabs overlapping and it just seems ridiculous!

So - that said, any recs for diaper brands that tend to work better for the long & skinny babies?  We're talking no rolls on this kid anywhere!

Re: Diaper recs?

• My son is long and skinny.  (Well he was when he was your son's age he now has muscled up a little bit lol).  Honestly, we didn't find a great diaper until we switched to cloth.  We tried tons of different brands and would regularly have problems with them.  Before we switched to cloth I decided to just buy the BRU brand as I figured why spend so much money on Pampers if they weren't going to fit well.  I hope that you find a diaper that you like!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • M was super skinny as a newborn, we used Pampers Swaddlers and I loved them! I also switched to cloth which is great.

Good luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I also have a string bean.  :)  He just recently got like 3 rolls and I'm so proud of them, hahaha.

I loved Pampers Swaddlers too for NB and size 1.  I also love the Huggies Little Snugglers now that he is in size 2.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Happy Birthday, little man. We love you so much!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Search & Win
    My favorite money saving tip: I've earned more than $300 in gift cards (Amazon, Starbucks, Southwest!) using SwagBucks for internet searching - and you can too! It's FREE and EASY!
  • Luvs have really worked well for us, especially for DS1. He was (and still is) long and skinny. It also doesn't hurt that they are the least expensive of the brand names :-)

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • We like the Pampers Swaddlers, too.
    Dylan Gabriel 04/29/10 Aiden Drake 04/28/12
  • I like pampers the best.  When we moved up sizes they were huge and overlapping and I don't see anything wrong with that.  I've never had a leak from them or a blow out.  I also CD some.

I'm moving my 3.5 mo old to size 3...yes rolls galore.

• Pampers Baby Dry and Luvs work great for us.  DD is a string bean and also a heavy wetter, so we've moved her up to the next size diapers as soon as she gets to the minimum suggested weight for that size.  She's just barely 17 lbs now and in size 3s.  The tabs have always overlapped for her.  If we put her in a size 2 diaper now they'd still overlap, so I don't think that's a sign of a poor fit.  Huggies are terrible on her- the leg holes are always way too big.
  • Thanks for the suggestions! :)  I had heard cloth is great for skinny babies... just wouldn't be feasible at this point for a variety of reasons, which is a shame because they're so economical.  Maybe for LO #2 someday!  Glad to hear we're not the only ones w/overlapping issues - I think more than the overlapping, the sides that cover half his thighs (the part that connects to the tabs) is what really seems goofy and just doesn't look comfy for him, but what do I know?!

A Pampers question - do the Swaddlers all have the mesh lining?  The packs that the hospital gave us all had a mesh lining inside them that stuck to his bottom, leading DH to declare that they were awful (and, truthfully, I felt pretty bad peeling the mesh off of him for diaper changes, too!).  DH ended up asking me to return the boxes of Pampers that we'd had because he hated the mesh lining that much, so I never used any beyond the hospital-issued Pampers.

• We have had great success with LUVs and at 10 cents cheaper per diaper the savings do add up. 

I didn't like the smell of the Huggies, but I did like the umbilical cord notch.  But since they are the same price as pampers, which didn't smell bad to me, I only used up what I got at my shower and didn't buy them again.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"