New to The Bump

Newbie TTC

My DH and I finally decided at the age of 34 to TTC after our second anniversary March 2010.  It's already getting rather frustrating with trying to time things correctly.  My DH doesn't like feeling that he has to "perform on demand", and sometimes we are on opposite schedules (I work many evenings, and he works days), which makes things even more difficult.

And to increase the frustration-- many of the people around me are getting PG, some of them not really having the means to support new additions to the family.

We are financially sound and are ready to be parents.  Anyone else in similar situations?

Re: Newbie TTC

• Welcome!! You are definitely in the right place! I am now on month 10 of TTC and still not PG. It seems that if someone is trying for their first baby or having trouble TTC everyone around them gets PG. It's tough, believe me!!! My friends all have a minumum of 2 children so it's seems unfair that we can't concieve our first and they are already on 3 or 4 without any effort.

I'd advise to both take a trip to the Dr. to get a check up and make them aware that you are TTC. My OBGYN appt. opened my eyes to my health issues and prepared me more than I expected.

I wish you the best! Hopefully your stay here is short and sweet!

• Many people have been in your situation.

You've only been trying 5 months, and the timing hasn't been ideal. It can take the average couple up to a year to conceive, and you only have about a 20% chance each cycle, even with perfect timing,

To help with the performance issue, I'd suggest initiating sex when you're not in your fertile window, just so your DH doesn't feel like that's the only reason you're having sex. It can really help break through the frustration.

And if you haven't already, I'd suggest a copy of Taking Charge of Your Fertility and/or the tutorial on fertilityfriend.com. It can help with the timing.

I think it's early yet to be seeking medical attention.

GL and I hope it works out for you soon.

• Loading the player...
  • Welcome and good luck to you!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageDr.Loretta:

To help with the performance issue, I'd suggest initiating sex when you're not in your fertile window, just so your DH doesn't feel like that's the only reason you're having sex. It can really help break through the frustration.

Thanks!  That is helpful info for me too!!  DH said he doesn't want to be on a schedule and that since usually I'm the one who stops it, I should just not stop him during the fertile window.  

• Thanks for the feedback!
  • imagejaydrel:
    imageDr.Loretta:

Thanks!  That is helpful info for me too!!  DH said he doesn't want to be on a schedule and that since usually I'm the one who stops it, I should just not stop him during the fertile window.  

I am trying to prevent this as well. it's incredibly tempting to dive into the fertility information pool and do every last thing they suggest once you're really read and excited, however I fear that if I whip out the basal and the timed sex this early on in the game, it will definitely become a task rather than a joy.  

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    BABY GIRL DUE: 12/12/11
    INDUCING: 11/22/11.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"