D.C. Area Babies

Herndon/Reston area Pediatrician recs?

Hi, all... My due date is in October, and I'm looking for a pediatrician in the Herndon/Reston area.  Does anyone have any recommendations?  Thanks in advance for your help!

Re: Herndon/Reston area Pediatrician recs?

• We go to Capital Area Pediatrics in the Woodland Park shopping center.  They usually have same-day sick visits and late/weekend hours.  We really like the doctors there.

I've also heard good things about Reston Town Center Pediatrics.

A Tale of Infant Cataracts eyelovejack.blogspot.com
  • i second rtc peds
  • Loading the player...
  • I love our pedi practice, we go to Virginia Pediatric Group.  We had our meet & greet with Dr. Bekenstein, and Dr. Libby (this is who we ask for primarily) was the Doctor making rounds when I had my DS at Reston Hospital.  We have also seen in office Dr. Sadak and Shannon Crowthers PA-C.  The only Doctor we have not had a great experience with was Dr. Unikel and that was an over the phone thing, and mostly it was just because she was kinda short with us, but answered our questions so thats what matters. 

I liked that they have a system that allows for all of thier Doctors to have access to medical records from home, so they can pull everything up and see your childs chart as they are speaking to you if you call after hours.  They also support an alternative vaccination schedule (Dr. Sears).  Their nurses are super fast with vaccinations, and are always so nice and helpful.  The office staff is also really great, very efficent, I have asked to have documentation faxed to me and it is always ready the day I requested it (though, there is a fee for daycare & other school forms).

I have nothing but great things to say about this practice. 

• Reston Town Center Pediatrics.  LOVE them!  They were actually my pedis when I was little so I have a huge comfort level with the entire practice.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Thanks for the recommendations, everyone!  RTC Pediatrics was actually our first choice, but they're apparently having some sort of issue with our insurance and may or may not accept it in the future.  The issue won't be resolved until October - since that's when my due date is, I figured I'd better seek another option for the time being, and then hopefully they'll get their insurance question resolved! 

But it definitely sounds like there are some other good options out there (that seem to take our insurance), so THANK YOU all so much for your recommendations!  It really helps. Smile

• Check out New Horizon Pediatrics in Reston, Dr Arbabi is great, she's a solo practitioner but very attentive and passionate!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"