Florida Babies
Options

VBACs who will perform them...

im having a hard time finding a doctor who is willing to perform a VBAC any insight would help!

Re: VBACs who will perform them...

• Options

To find a doctor who will allow a VBAC is nearly impossible. HOWEVER, contact Jill Adams - https://www.jilladamshomebirthmidwife.com/home.  She is a homebirth midwife and can help you out!

Also - check out ICAN of Tampa - https://tampa.ican-online.org/. There's some really good info on there.

• Options
    I'm going to Dr. Dinsmore in New Port Richey, she is great and for VBACs, but Community hospital changed their policy when I was at 26 weeks and now the only way I'm going to have a vbac is if I show up at the hospital ready to deliver within an hour or so. She may be getting privileges at Helen Ellis in Tarpon Springs in the near future. They do VBACS at that hospital and I think there is a midwife who does them and another Dr whose name I can't remember at this time. He is in NPR also. I know there are no hospitals in Hernando that allow them. Depending on where you are in brooksville, Tampa General might be a closer option for you. There are actually a couple ob's who will do them there. I believe there is one group who will do them at Morton Plant in Clearwater. It's not impossible to find, but unfortunately for you, you will probably have to find a doctor/hospital who is an hour away from you.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Just be forewarned, that the Ob might say up front that they will do a VBAC, but the closer you get to your EDD, might try to persuade you otherwise. Also, know the policy of the hospital.  Like I mentioned before, check the ICAN website out and if you want, go to one of the monthly meetings in Tampa.
  • Options
    Dr. Umstead in NPR will do them and he delivers at Helen Ellis.
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimageimage
  • Options

I have been looking for a dr. who will do a vbac as well..... my ob doc is  dr. ancheta  and he immediately wrote me off...... Where as his partner whom he shares a practice with Dr. Pagen  offered to let me labor and see what happens IF labor began on its own like it did for me 9 years ago.  I have had 2 c-sections and 1 vaginal birth and really dont want to experience the c-sections again.

So i'm definatly looking for a doc  who is atleast willing to let me try in a controlled environment just incase something should go wrong.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"