Detroit Babies

immunization question

i was wondering if anyone followed/is following the dr. sears vaccination schedule (or any other alternate schedule) rather than the AAP one, and if so, who your pediatrician is. (especially in or near shelby twp)

TIA!

Re: immunization question

• Both my kids have delayed vaccines- Max hasn't had any yet.  I have The Vaccine Book but don't really have a schedule that I follow.  Our pediatrician's office won't allow us to go by an alternative schedule (they say it's due to scheduling conflicts, like there would always be people in to get their children's vaccines & that would fill up all the exam rooms.  Whatever.).  I adore our pediatrician so that's why we stay, but we go to the health department for vaccines now.
  • I didn't follow Dr. Sears (though I read his book), but we did do a delayed/alternative schedule. My DD got all her vaccines but never more than 1-2 a visit. We had a few vaccine-only visits. I let her doctor prioritize them, which created a "schedule."
  • Loading the player...
  • If your current pediatrician won't allow you to follow your own schedule you could always just go to your local health dept for the vaccines and they are free at the health dept.
  • We follow a delayed/alternative schedule, but we don't live out that way :( sorry for that!! But, ditto PP, if you want to stick with your doctor AND get the vax your way, I'd just go to the health department.  If you want a doctor to do them, good luck!! Sorry that's not more helpful!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"