Military Families
Options

I've been thinking...

That sometime during deployment #5 that I go back to Ohio with DD for a few months. I haven't been home in a few years.

I think it'll be good for DD to get time with the family she doesn't see very much. (Once since she's been born. DH's family is in Minn and sees her often)

I'd just have to find someone to do all the shoveling and I'd be golden.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I've been thinking...

• Options
    That sounds like a good plan... Any chance some of the guys in your husband's squadron would help you out with that while he's gone??? Honestly, you shouldn't be doing ANY shoveling while he's deployed... Just my opinion. Apparently MH's squadron has been told I won't be if he leaves there this winter!!!

BFP 9/8/10... D&C 10/18/10
    RIP Angel Bear We will always love and miss you xoxo

BFP 10/7/2011; EDD 7/15/12 - STICK BABY STICK!!!!

IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    That does sound like a good plan.  Your LO get to be with your family, and maybe you'll be distracted enough to help things go by faster.  Good Luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagerickisue80:
    That sounds like a good plan... Any chance some of the guys in your husband's squadron would help you out with that while he's gone??? Honestly, you shouldn't be doing ANY shoveling while he's deployed... Just my opinion. Apparently MH's squadron has been told I won't be if he leaves there this winter!!!

Ugh...I wish it were that easy. We get so much snow...it's crazy. Deployment #4 was during a winter. One night it snowed a few feet (Yup, you read that right) the next day it dropped to -70 with windchills. I called and called people. Finally I was so fed up, I called the shirt, explained that all I had was a shovel if someone could come help me that had a snow blower I'd be so grateful. Here's the sad part...no one would. A few hours later, his commander showed up at our front door while I was inside on a warm up break. The sqd commander had to help me with my drive way that day. (We have a 3 car driveway)

• Options
    Oh, I just remembered (on the shoveling note) in MN we have a thing called beyond the yellow ribbon.  They have all sorts of resources for families of deployed soldiers, including shoveling driveways.  If your by a base/armory check with the local FRG and see if Ohio offers any services like this.  You might get lucky!
  • Options
    imageMrsJazzAirForceWife:

imagerickisue80:

Ugh...I wish it were that easy. We get so much snow...it's crazy. Deployment #4 was during a winter. One night it snowed a few feet (Yup, you read that right) the next day it dropped to -70 with windchills. I called and called people. Finally I was so fed up, I called the shirt, explained that all I had was a shovel if someone could come help me that had a snow blower I'd be so grateful. Here's the sad part...no one would. A few hours later, his commander showed up at our front door while I was inside on a warm up break. The sqd commander had to help me with my drive way that day. (We have a 3 car driveway)

Oh so unacceptable! :-( Sorry you had to put up with that. If we were there, I'd have sent MH over with the snow thrower! ;-) So, yeah, this winter, hit me up (since we'll be "neighbors" and all lol) and I'll send his butt over! (Unless he's gone too - we're waiting to find out his bucket when we get there...)

IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    imagerickisue80:

imagerickisue80:

Oh so unacceptable! :-( Sorry you had to put up with that. If we were there, I'd have sent MH over with the snow thrower! ;-) So, yeah, this winter, hit me up (since we'll be "neighbors" and all lol) and I'll send his butt over! (Unless he's gone too - we're waiting to find out his bucket when we get there...)

If he's gone too then we'll hit up someone and have em get out drive ways, lol. It's so bitter cold and so hard to get it done all at once. Have you heard about the winters here yet? lol

• Options
    imagerickisue80:

imagerickisue80:

If he's gone too then we'll hit up someone and have em get out drive ways, lol. It's so bitter cold and so hard to get it done all at once. Have you heard about the winters here yet? lol

haha Yeah, we're putting off TTC until we find out what the deal is... And yep, we've heard. One of the guys up here just came from there. Then again, living in North Pole., AK has us prepped and ready for some winter time... I think the wind is what'll get us the most! haha Of course, we're good at spending time indoors - 6 months of darkness will do that to ya!

IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    imagerickisue80:
    imagerickisue80:

imagerickisue80:

haha Yeah, we're putting off TTC until we find out what the deal is... And yep, we've heard. One of the guys up here just came from there. Then again, living in North Pole., AK has us prepped and ready for some winter time... I think the wind is what'll get us the most! haha Of course, we're good at spending time indoors - 6 months of darkness will do that to ya!

The wind is crazy out here. When those winds pick up and the temps drop drastically, it's usually colder up there than in AK...which is kind of...well - blah, lol. I think if I went to Ohio in the winter I'd be outside in jeans and t-shirts it'd feel so good!

• Options
    Yeah, we hit -50 last year, but since we had no wind, it wasn't too bad (we're in Interior AK, so it's friggin cold!!! But almost zero wind most of the time). The wind is going to suck. I'm from Florida originally, so I'm not quite acclimated! haha DH is from OH too and he says the same thing about being out in the winter there. 

IAmPregnant Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"