Baby Showers

How to cancel a baby shower...

Due to major lack of communication between my co-hosts, I have decided to cancel my baby shower. Instead DH and I are planning on just doing a Welcome Baby party, after baby is born.(Long hard decision, but its not worth all the stress the two of them are putting me through) Anywho, I am wondering what you all think is the best approach to announce to all those that have been invited, that the shower is cancelled?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: How to cancel a baby shower...

• Wow, sorry!!  Are you going to just email people?  If so, then I'd say something like:

We've decided to just have a party after LO arrives to meet him/her instead of the shower that was planned on x date.  Thanks for understanding & we can't wait to meet LO! 

You don't want to get into any details or make any more drama than is necessary.  I hope you told the hosts ahead of time that you are canceling too.  Maybe still send them a thanks anyway note?  Just to keep the peace.  And then never speak of it again!!  lol!  Seriously though, GL!!

• Just got off the phone with one of the hosts, and I intend on doing the same for the other one. (One of them is my mother but she understands at this point) I like the email idea, and thanks for the suggestion on wording. This whole thing just sucks in general, but it really is for the better! Thanks again dear!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I agree with the e-mail - just make sure you ask guests to reply so you know they are aware of the change! Call those who do not reply, incase you have a wrong e-mail or it goes to SPAM.  A friend of mine had to cancel her shower when she was put on strict bedrest, and her mom e-mailed everyone. I agree with PP that the wording should be vague and short, but you might have friends and family ask why, out of concern - just be ready with an answer so you're not caught off guard.  A simple "We decided we'd prefer to wait until the baby is born to celebrate" should do the trick.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"