Potty Training

Our PT experiences, so far

I've been writing about our PT experiences in my blog. Today is day 4, so entries on the first 3 days are in there. Thought it might be helpful for those of you thinking about starting. He's not fully potty trained yet, but we're seeing definite progress. We're kind of following the 3 day method, but not as hard core and with some exceptions (esp. naps and bedtime). Anyway, I know it helped me to read about others experiences when I first got serious about doing it. HTH! Link is in my siggy.

Re: Our PT experiences, so far

• I laughed reading your "what I've learned so far" musings- I feel the same exact way on pretty much everything you wrote. I seriously spent the first 2 days staring at my son's crotch. Diapers ARE so easy. I just wonder when the point will be that I will stop waiting for an accident all day long.

We are on day 5- yesterday I felt like we made huge progess. He stayed dry all day (even at camp) and initiated his own poop. It was awesome.

Good Luck!!

• In the interest of full disclosure, I must admit here that we have shelved potty training for now. Days 4-8 were a bust, and so today, on Day 8, we have returned to diapers. And I'm ok with that!
  • Loading the player...
  • I just read your blog posts and tried to leave a comment but Blogger wasn't cooperating.  We made it to day 4 before quitting.  Diapers are easier and staring at my son's pen.is all day sucked.  I now believe when he is ready he will just do it.  We did it over Memorial Day weekend and what a waste of a weekend that was!!  I felt guilty for quitting, but got over that in about 4 hours when I was able to look away from his crotch and get my life back.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"