Detroit Babies

Sheila

How was the baptism?

Also what food did you serve? Any tips on making all that food and having it ready at the same time?

I think we are going to go with pulled pork for the bday since I can cook it all the day before and than keep it warm in an electric roaster for the party. Same with the mac and cheese.

Thanks

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Sheila

• The baptism went fantastic!  The only thing that happened was we discovered some areas of our deck that was rotting...the steps collapsed :(  Oh well!

Food wise here's what we served: hamburgers, hot dogs, kielbasa, beef tenderloin, sauerkraut, mostoccoli, pierogies, meatballs w/gravy, cheese & crackers, pita bread & hummus, pasta salad, salad.  We actually hired a guy to man the grill, which worked out great.  He cooked the meat so it was all fresh off the grill.  We had the bags of salad, so we just had to dump them in the bowls.  The sauerkraut I made about 2 weeks prior and froze it.  Took it out the night before to thaw and put it in the oven while we were in church (same with the meatballs).  I used a huge roaster for the mostoccoli and that worked out great.  I also had chafing dishes with the sternos.  I highly recommend getting some.  They are very cheap at Gordon's and worth every penny.  The only thing I wish we would have done was had the cheese & crackers already out on the platters prior to going to church.  We thought it would be easy to just plop them down, but we were so busy it was like a madhouse!  I dumped the salads into the bowls when we got home too.  I would have made those that morning, but we had no room in the refrigerator and I didn't want them sitting out.  The pierogi's my IL's bought from Lila's in Livonia.  My FIL just fried them up in the kitchen, it didn't take long at all.  We had 2 woks going, so that made it soooo easy.

Gabriel Joseph 6/13/2010
    BFP#2: 8/14/11 M/C 8/30/11 6w1d
    BFP #3: 10/26/11
    Beta #1 @11dpo: 22 Beta #2 @13dpo: 90 Beta #3 @17dpo: 480
    Missed m/c 12w3d 12/28/11, d&c 12/30/11
    dx Homozygous C677T MTHFR image image
  • *Butting in*

I'm so glad everything went well Sheila!! I was thinking about you yesterday!  How did Gabriel behave during the service?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding.
    In all your ways acknowledge Him,and He shall direct your paths.
    Proverbs 3:5-6

• Loading the player...
  • imageRitzy19:

*Butting in*

I'm so glad everything went well Sheila!! I was thinking about you yesterday!  How did Gabriel behave during the service?

Aw thanks!  He was an angel during mass and the baptism ceremony!  Didn't cry at all, was happy and smiling.  The water didn't bother him.  I joked that because he didn't cry the devil is still in him!  Haha :)

Gabriel Joseph 6/13/2010
  • Wow you guys had a lot of food. I heart pierogis. Sounds yummy! I never knew you could hire someone to man the grill. Good idea.

Glad it went good for you guys and thanks for the tips. I am going to check out gordons soon for those sternos and chafing dishes.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Umm.. You neglected to mention all of this food in the nest post. ?I am very jealous! ?Sounds delicious! ?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageballerina06:

The baptism went fantastic!  The only thing that happened was we discovered some areas of our deck that was rotting...the steps collapsed :(  Oh well!

Food wise here's what we served: hamburgers, hot dogs, kielbasa, beef tenderloin, sauerkraut, mostoccoli, pierogies, meatballs w/gravy, cheese & crackers, pita bread & hummus, pasta salad, salad.  We actually hired a guy to man the grill, which worked out great.  He cooked the meat so it was all fresh off the grill.  We had the bags of salad, so we just had to dump them in the bowls.  The sauerkraut I made about 2 weeks prior and froze it.  Took it out the night before to thaw and put it in the oven while we were in church (same with the meatballs).  I used a huge roaster for the mostoccoli and that worked out great.  I also had chafing dishes with the sternos.  I highly recommend getting some.  They are very cheap at Gordon's and worth every penny.  The only thing I wish we would have done was had the cheese & crackers already out on the platters prior to going to church.  We thought it would be easy to just plop them down, but we were so busy it was like a madhouse!  I dumped the salads into the bowls when we got home too.  I would have made those that morning, but we had no room in the refrigerator and I didn't want them sitting out.  The pierogi's my IL's bought from Lila's in Livonia.  My FIL just fried them up in the kitchen, it didn't take long at all.  We had 2 woks going, so that made it soooo easy.

I'm glad everything went well!! It sounds delicious! Though I admit I had a mini-heart attack at the statement I bolded above ... you had stuff in the oven while you weren't home?!?

A+S | Met 8/24/06 | Married 9/27/08
    Started TTC 12/2008 | dx PCOS 5/2009
    6 failed clomid/femara/TI cycles, 1 failed clomid/ovidrel/IUI cycle
    Successful Cycle: 5/12/11 - 1000mg Metformin + 100mg Clomid(late response) + TI = BFP

2/13/12 - We proudly welcomed our daughter, Hadley Teresa!
    Lots of Luck to all of 3T/IF

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker

• imagefirewife9278:
    imageballerina06:

The baptism went fantastic!  The only thing that happened was we discovered some areas of our deck that was rotting...the steps collapsed :(  Oh well!

I'm glad everything went well!! It sounds delicious! Though I admit I had a mini-heart attack at the statement I bolded above ... you had stuff in the oven while you weren't home?!?

Yes, but it was only at 250 degrees, and it was on a timer and wasn't on the entire time we were gone.  Believe me, I was super nervous too, but our families do it all the time so I just gave in.  It was the first time (and probably the only time) I had ever done it.

Gabriel Joseph 6/13/2010
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"