Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Telling DH It's Time

I am trying to keep things as "romantic" as possible while TTC... what are some ways you tell your husband that it is time and keep baby-making an intimate experience without making it a routine?

Note: I am not asking for details... Smile

Re: Telling DH It's Time

• Options
    He never knows. He knows we are having sex, that is all he cares about. The f*cking with purpose knowledge is all on my side. 
  • Options

DH likes to know when I'm fertile since we are TTC and he's a pretty big part of it. Why not talk to DH and see how he feels. Maybe he wants to know...maybe he doesn't.

But I can tell you that after days of sex in a row or EOD....he'll catch on.

Took 2 years & 8 months to make our baby! Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageSeptemberBride'08:

DH likes to know when I'm fertile since we are TTC and he's a pretty big part of it. Why not talk to DH and see how he feels. Maybe he wants to know...maybe he doesn't.

But I can tell you that after days of sex in a row or EOD....he'll catch on.

Just because DH doesn't know when I am fertile doesn't mean he isn't a big part of the TTC process. However, it can stress a guy out sometimes, so he doesn't participate on the peeing of anything.  

• Options
    atlbatlb member

I usually don't tell DH anything, but last weekend we went to visit his sister, and I had gotten a positive OPK that day, so I just told him we didn't have a choice. We were on the couch and Ry was in the floor asleep. It was the worst sex ever. We were both laughing throughout, and he was having a hard time because we apparently used too much pre-seed. So, we had to, umm, manually stimulate to get the job done. Then I ended up not even Oing. sonofabitch.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I don't tell him out-right either, but agree with pp that after a few days he might catch on! My recommendation....head to Victoria's Secret! (It's an investment in your family, so it's for the greater good!)
    BabyFruit Ticker   AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

HA! Great idea!

• Options
    I just jump him. He think's is me having an increased sex drive off BCP's, which is partially true....
    b/w=FSH 15.6, AMH 0.4 surprise natural BFP on 3/12/11
    DS born via unplanned C-section at 40w6d

• Options

MH wants to know and he asks when it is my "Super Week" (hehe thanks LKat, for the reminder!) He's really cute about it, every cycle that is a bust he likes to collaborate and come up with a "plan" for the next cycle.

My Little
  • Options
    I try and meet him at the door after work in lingerie at least once during the fertile window.
    Keep growing preemie ballerina! Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers image
  • Options
    I call MH from work and tell him not to drink too much bourbon:)  He likes to know whats going on and he stalks my chart.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • Options

I still try to just seduce him but he caught on after a few months of that. Sometimes he asks, but usually he just assumes if I'm instigating, it must be time.

Even if he knows or suspects, just try to keep it fun. If your DH is one who gets some anxiety about it, don't bring it up before or during.

Uusally if DH asks if I'm O'ing, I just tell him I don't know and change the subject--so to speak.

Proud Doxie Mommy

TTC #1 since Sept. 2009 - DX unexplained IF March 2011 - "Surprise" BFP March 2012
    DS born via c-section 11/17/12
    TTC #2 (or, not TTA) Nov. 2013
    BFP #2 8/22/14, Missed M/C 6w2d, Discovered 7w4d/Official 8w6d, D&C 9/27/14
  • Options

DH totally knows.... considers it an opportunity for more frequent sex, always a good thing in his book. At least one of those nights I break out sexy lingerie and that's always fun for him. By the end of the week though, we need some time off

he has a special name for that week too.. i forget what it is right now, but its kinda silly.

But I definately say.. find out if he wants to know.. don't feel like you have to be super woman.. break out the sexy stuff sometimes.. and try to remember this is supposed to be fun too, not work

(for that matter, a little oral works miracles most times)

Edit::   He calls it "'the zone"  hahahahha  I just remembered.

• Options
    imagefaydre:

.. break out the sexy stuff sometimes.. and try to remember this is supposed to be fun too, not work

(for that matter, a little oral works miracles most times)

This!!!! 

• Options

imagejb2rn:
    I just jump him. He think's is me having an increased sex drive off BCP's, which is partially true....

LOL so true! I am glad I am not the only one.

• Options
    I just tell him the nurse told me it's OK to trigger :) lol
  • Options

DH and I had the baby talk for months before we decided to take the plunge. It was a simple decision to have sex one night without using contraception. It wasn't one taken lightly or made in the heat of the moment. We both new what we were doing, and, not to sound cheesy, but that made it extremely romantic and special for both of us. Since then, he has seen my pregnancy books lying around and he sees me temp... he never really asked me about it and I didn't tell him anything because I didn't want that to be the whole focus of our relationship. The other day, however, we were in the car, and he looked over at me and started telling me how we shouldn't have had sex yesterday, we should have waited until today for optimal timing. I just looked at him, shocked. He said, "I know what's going on..."

I think as long as your DH knows the basic details and is not in the dark about TTC, then just go about things normally. And don't forget to enjoy sex... if you do, he will! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"